Bulldogs @ Redbirds 2-21-18**

DannyCooksey

I like the Birds at home to get some measure of revenge from the pecker-slapping they endured in Des Moines.

Birds 77
Bulldogs 67

I think MW will be player of the game as he shuts down Reed Timmer

Redbirdwarrior

Birds are 3.5 point favorites here and have been playing better defense in the last week. If ISU can stop Drake from hitting the bombs that they always seem to drain against us, then the birds should skate here. If not, it will be a close game.

Drake: 62
ISU: 69

MY Player of the game- 18 pts, 9 Reb, 7 assists

RedbirdNation24

Obvious key is shutting down the outside shot. Unlikely though if they get hot. A big part of what killed us in Des Moines was second chance points. We have the size advantage on these guys, just have to use it. Box out and hustle on defense, along with decent offensive games from the usual suspects and we should pull this one out.

That said, I think our guys come out with a little something to prove and get it done at home.

DoubleDeuce

DannyCooksey said:
I like the Birds at home to get some measure of revenge from the pecker-slapping they endured in Des Moines.

Birds 77
Bulldogs 67

I think MW will be player of the game as he shuts down Reed Timmer

That's the name of my favorite bar in St. Louis! Anyway....I'm afraid we aren't well equipped for a team full of speedy sharp-shooters and Drake gets us again. On the plus side, I think that would eliminated us from playing the late late friday night game.. I'd hate to be late getting to Pecker Slappers.

Phantom

I'll say it again: Just f'ing win. Peckerslapping them back would be great but I don't care if it's by 1 or 50, wins are wins.

We're also getting healthy and although it's a big challenge, if we can steal one at Loyola on Saturday and head into the Lou at 17-13 with some momentum, that would be pretty respectable considering this turd roller coaster of a season. That could be huge---and also why tonight's game is very important.

But worry about Saturday then. Just win tonight.

fdbird83

Someone please remind the players, that Reed Timmer is left-handed. He always has been and will always be left-handed.

TheTruth

I just want the W because that will guarantee a winning record. This was not a good season, but the standard at Illinois State is, and should continue to be, winning records. If this team can finish with 17-18 wins after all the adversity they've had, it would speak to their character.

Redbirdfan21

Per Benson. Fayne and Williams with the flu. Going to try to play. But not warming up with team 5 mins ago

cubird

Better not infect other players who get sick next week at the Arch!

RedBirdBallisLife

They need to stay their butts in the locker room and not infect other players Arch Madness is next week! stay away! I say that with love though LOL

Bird Friend

RedBirdBallisLife said:
They need to stay their butts in the locker room and not infect other players Arch Madness is next week! stay away! I say that with love though LOL
They’re gonna infect the Bulldogs.

DBird

RedBirdBallisLife said:
I'm sure the physician would not let them play if they were contagious!!

Top Bottom