Bryce Drew Fired at Vandy

Redbirdmike

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2827175-bryce-drew-fired-as-vanderbilt-head-coach-after-3-seasons

ricohill

Dan Muller...updating his resume.

giphy.gif

BirdsEyeView

I could see Bryce going back to Valpo. They are in shambles right now.

Muller to Vandy - Yaklich to ISU

RedbirdSoxFan

BirdsEyeView said:

If Illinois State would have had the season that Dan, the Redbirds basketball team, most of the redbird fans, and many in the media thought that the Redbirds would have had, I think that Dan would be on Vanderbilt's list. But I am not sure that he gave any signs this year that he is the coach to return Vanderbilt's basketball program back to any relevancy in the SEC. I think that there are a list of assistant coaches at some power 5 schools that will be on Vanderbilt's radar, and a few head coaches at some mid-majors that will be.

ChiRedbirdfan

Drew certainly had a bad record year last and a horrendous record year this year. He must not have gotten along well with the AD as vandy had one of the top recruiting classe (two five star recruits and another player in the top 75) either last year or the year before so you think that would have gotten him another year to make his mark? That high level of recruiting is elite power 6 like so I wonder why Vandy was so bad this year?

Given ISU’s fall the past two seasons combined with Vandy just firing a failed coach that has some MVC aura to it seems highly unlikely they would hire Muller, IMO. But the college basketball coaching world is so irrational so who knows.

DWRedbird

RedbirdSoxFan said:
BirdsEyeView said:

If Illinois State would have had the season that Dan, the Redbirds basketball team, most of the redbird fans, and many in the media thought that the Redbirds would have had, I think that Dan would be on Vanderbilt's list. But I am not sure that he gave any signs this year that he is the coach to return Vanderbilt's basketball program back to any relevancy in the SEC. I think that there are a list of assistant coaches at some power 5 schools that will be on Vanderbilt's radar, and a few head coaches at some mid-majors that will be.

I think because of his history there as an assistant he'll be on the list, though I dont think he will be their first choice. Then again I've seen crazier hires.

MadBird

BirdsEyeView said:

I'd say the chances of Yak going to Vandy are greater than Muller going there. I've gotta believe they're going to shoot higher than Muller (and probably higher than Yak for that matter).

ISU FAN 1

Since the Stallings regime wore thin at Vandy, to the point that they forced him out, I’m guessing Vandy wouldn’t pluck fruit from that coaching tree to replace Drew.

CaliRdBrd

Why in the hell would Vandy, an SEC team, want a under-performing coach from a crap team in a crap conference?

HT59

:text-+1:
ISU FAN 1 said:
Since the Stallings regime wore thin at Vandy, to the point that they forced him out, I’m guessing Vandy wouldn’t pluck fruit from that coaching tree to replace Drew.

ricohill

I bet Muller tells Lyons he’s a “candidate” at Vandy and we give him a raise to stay. Probably an emergency board meeting to approve the new contract.

redbirds2000

The Tennesean has a list of 15. Muller is not on it. P5 schools have zero interest in our football and basketball coaches!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CaliRdBrd

redbirds2000 said:
The Tennesean has a list of 15. Muller is not on it. P5 schools have zero interest in our football and basketball coaches!

Says everything you need to know. But, on the flip side 18-14 is awesome!!

Carry on!

ricohill

CaliRdBrd said:
redbirds2000 said:

Says everything you need to know. But, on the flip side 18-14 is awesome!!

Carry on!

If Muller was doing a good job he would be a candidate for one of these job openings. The silence speaks volumes.