Brady Davis

Manchester Matt

According to Randy Reinhardt, Brady Davis is now considered a sophomore. Spack said it’s a slam dunk that he will get an extra year.

Great news!

Adunk33

Staff member
Yeah, Spack mentioned Brady would likely get another year but it might not be official until the end of what was supposed to be his final year.
I was kind of hoping Brady would be a great Jr. and Sr. for us and then we could see what we have with Bryce Jefferson. But I suppose a 3-year starter, 25 year old QB might be okay too.

NewBird

A couple of pieces on B Davis. Sometimes I forget this was really his first year to be healthy and on the field in game situations since HS.

http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/brady-s-birds-poised-for-bounceback/article_8e7b2a7c-fc27-11e8-8a9a-e7c35559ed34.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dpZhIkWYJw&app=desktop

rdt99

I think he will be much improved next. I like him. He's been through some adversity and survived. He's got the skills.

topiarydan

He should really be a huge factor in our O next year. Also he's gotta be swaying the ladies down there - got the Samson thing with a Southern drawl. Damn to be young again!

JHBird

He still could be great for us. His accuracy needs to be more like 61%. Looks like he ended the year at around 55%, which I thought would have been lower. But he didn't seem to throw a bunch of picks. I think he has the potential to use his legs more next year. He just looks like he could be really good still, and with two more years it could happen. Can Bethard make it happen? Does Bethard still believe in him? I would think so...

Virginia Redbird

TIMMY said:
Could use a haircut, a couple receivers, and a place to throw the ball this winter! :p

I don't care if Davis wears pigtails with bows if he plays well next year!

I thought we solved the problem of a place to throw the ball in the other thread about the indoor facility...toss the ball in the bitter cold, snow, slush, sleet and freezing rain at Hancock! Don't let 10" or 12" of snow impede your development you bunch of spoiled millennial sissies! An indoor facility is not a pressing need in central Illinois with the balmy winters you have there.

In contrast, James Madison U here in Virginia is just about completed with their indoor facility because they have average temps in the mid-40s in December, January, and February. Average snowfall for those months is 4, 5 and 7 inches. JMU's AD commented, “Currently when rain, lightning, high wind, snow or weather conditions impact our practices, the only option for our coaches who traditionally practice outdoors is to cancel." Brutal winter conditions like those in Harrisonburg, VA mandate some type of climate controlled facility.

Thank goodness the Redbird athletes do not have to contend with bitter cold like the mid-'40s in Normal! (Tounge firmly planted in cheek!)

:D

fourthandshort

NewBird said:
A couple of pieces on B Davis. Sometimes I forget this was really his first year to be healthy and on the field in game situations since HS.

http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/brady-s-birds-poised-for-bounceback/article_8e7b2a7c-fc27-11e8-8a9a-e7c35559ed34.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dpZhIkWYJw&app=desktop
that was my concern all along ... 3 years of no real games and he showed up here in summer with no benefit of offseason, especially spring ball. So a full offseason spent fine tuning his throwing with WRs, working with Beathard, and learning the playbook can only help him get more comfortable throwing. And help Beathard get more comfortable with what works for him, and work out any mechanical issues.

TIMMY

Virginia Redbird said:
TIMMY said:
Could use a haircut, a couple receivers, and a place to throw the ball this winter! :p

I don't care if Davis wears pigtails with bows if he plays well next year!

I thought we solved the problem of a place to throw the ball in the other thread about the indoor facility...toss the ball in the bitter cold, snow, slush, sleet and freezing rain at Hancock! Don't let 10" or 12" of snow impede your development you bunch of spoiled millennial sissies! An indoor facility is not a pressing need in central Illinois with the balmy winters you have there.

In contrast, James Madison U here in Virginia is just about completed with their indoor facility because they have average temps in the mid-40s in December, January, and February. Average snowfall for those months is 4, 5 and 7 inches. JMU's AD commented, “Currently when rain, lightning, high wind, snow or weather conditions impact our practices, the only option for our coaches who traditionally practice outdoors is to cancel." Brutal winter conditions like those in Harrisonburg, VA mandate some type of climate controlled facility.

Thank goodness the Redbird athletes do not have to contend with bitter cold like the mid-'40s in Normal! (Tounge firmly planted in cheek!)

:D
Ahhhh Normal in February. I used to sweat my ass off walking from Hillview Dr. to Horton.
So what about the receivers? :drool:

Virginia Redbird

TIMMY said:
Virginia Redbird said:
Ahhhh Normal in February. I used to sweat my ass off walking from Hillview Dr. to Horton.
So what about the receivers? :drool:

I am wondering who is going to replace Schnell next season. When Warrum graduated Schnell picked up the leadership role. Some of the young guys this season looked good at times but I did not see anyone that looks to fill the void left by Schnell. Hopefully some good recruits coming in and someone waiting to step into the spotlight next season. Spring ball should be interesting.

Total Red

Staff member
Virginia Redbird said:

Go ahead and remove the tongue from your cheek because I'd say you have a valid point. Ask yourself this. What have been the most significant games in Redbird Football history? You could get a lot of different answers but I think most people would say the 2015 National Championship Game and the 3 playoff games that led up to it. In order those include - home playoff against N. Iowa, away game Eastern Washington, away game New Hampshire and NC game in Frisco, TX. Did you know that the game temperature for all 4 of those games was in the 30's? If there is a good likelihood that your school is going to play some of its most important games in 30 degree weather doesn't it make sense to practice in 30 degree weather and maybe even 20's?
And btw we've also played regular season games in the snow, slush, sleet and freezing rain at Hancock.

TIMMY

Total Red said:
Virginia Redbird said:

Go ahead and remove the tongue from your cheek because I'd say you have a valid point. Ask yourself this. What have been the most significant games in Redbird Football history? You could get a lot of different answers but I think most people would say the 2015 National Championship Game and the 3 playoff games that led up to it. In order those include - home playoff against N. Iowa, away game Eastern Washington, away game New Hampshire and NC game in Frisco, TX. Did you know that the game temperature for all 4 of those games was in the 30's? If there is a good likelihood that your school is going to play some of its most important games in 30 degree weather doesn't it make sense to practice in 30 degree weather and maybe even 20's?
And btw we've also played regular season games in the snow, slush, sleet and freezing rain at Hancock.
Absolutely you want to practice for games in the elements you will play in. You saw what the Bears did to the warm weather Rams Sunday night. 4th said:
Code:
So a full offseason spent fine tuning his throwing with WRs, working with Beathard, and learning the playbook can only help him get more comfortable throwing.
We don't have full off seasons at ISU.

Redbird28

Total Red said:

Sometimes you get to experience all 4 in the same exact game.

TIMMY

fourthandshort said:
that was my concern all along ... 3 years of no real games and he showed up here in summer with no benefit of offseason, especially spring ball. So a full offseason spent fine tuning his throwing with WRs, working with Beathard, and learning the playbook can only help him get more comfortable throwing. And help Beathard get more comfortable with what works for him, and work out any mechanical issues.

4th you are right on the $$$$$! Only problem is we don't have full off seasons at ISU.

JHBird

Redbird28 said:
Total Red said:

Sometimes you get to experience all 4 in the same exact game.

I always wondered how Brady would deal with the cold weather up here, him being from the south. I doubt he ever played in those conditions before.

Top Bottom