Birds @ Bulldogs Wednesday 1-3-18

DannyCooksey

I do not know much about Drake. Seems the new coach is a major upgrade from what I've read. Knapp Center is a nice place to see a game.

Again..........until proven otherwise.......MY is the best player on the floor and he will be the difference.

Birds 76
Bulldogs 65

saxman210

I assume we’ll be Keyshawn-less. Somewhat of a trap game with the Bears coming to RBA this weekend. If I’m predicting with my heart:

BIRDS 75
Dogs 71

Unfortunately, a prediction with my head would probably be reversed. Road wins are always tough to come by. Let’s hope my heart beats out my head this time.

WSpringsBird

saxman210 said:
I assume we’ll be Keyshawn-less. Somewhat of a trap game with the Bears coming to RBA this weekend. If I’m predicting with my heart:

BIRDS 75
Dogs 71

Unfortunately, a prediction with my head would probably be reversed. Road wins are always tough to come by. Let’s hope my heart beats out my head this time.

Totally agree with this. Drake has played really well in a few games this year. Especially if Keyshawn doesn't play, I'll be surprised if we win.

Baltimore Bird

I have to say when Keyshawn was out on Sunday I did not expect us to win either. Bob Morris said someone had to step up to take his scoring load and between bruninga and Hein and they did with 26 points. We will need something like that again. I would love to see the Redbirds work the offense for bruninga to get more shots especially from 3

Metamoron

I think the Drake matchup is much easier for us than the ISU blue was without Keyshawn. Their guards are less athletic and they have very little inside game. Still need people to step up, but man, they can not match us athletically. Keep out of foul trouble and make some free throws and I think we will be ok.

Redbird222

Drake starts 4 guards and not having Evans could be an issue. Defensively they should have a issues with MY. I actually think posting him might be as effective as letting him drive.

I think our keys will be defending the 3, transition defense, dont foul and put them on the line, and exploiting out height advantage.

I think this will be a competitive game.
Birds 73
Bulldogs 69

Bird Friend

Redbird222 said:
Drake starts 4 guards and not having Evans could be an issue. Defensively they should have a issues with MY. I actually think posting him might be as effective as letting him drive.

I think our keys will be defending the 3, transition defense, dont foul and put them on the line, and exploiting out height advantage.

Birds 73
Bulldogs 69
Didn't InSU start 4 guards?

Redbird222

Bird Friend said:
Redbird222 said:

Birds 73
Bulldogs 69
Didn't InSU start 4 guards?
They started Hughes and David who are 6'6 and 6'5". You are correct that they're listed as guards but also could be considered wings. This is from Davis bio
2016-17: Started in five games at small forward before suffering a season-ending knee injury at Cal (11/30) . And this is how Lansing described him "He is a bigger wing player that is extremely athletic and can defend multiple positions."

Drake starts 4 guards that are 6 ' 3" and none will be confused as a wing

Timmer 6'1"
McMurray 6'2"
Rivers 6'2"
Arogundade 6'3"

Woodard was starting one point instead of Arongundade and he is listed at 6'0"

chuckie1980

REDBIRDS WIN...and the more BIG GUYs on floor....the bigger the spread of points.

REDBIRDS 88
DRAKE......77

Redbird Alum 2004

I think Taylor has a big game if the plan is to post up Milik. It will be interesting to see how ISU defends Drake's offense. It will also be interesting to see how Drake defends our size and athleticism.

McHalesNavy

Drake isn't as much of a pushover as we assume. Birds win, but it's by a narrow margin again:

Birds-74
Bulldogs-70

DoubleDeuce

The only game I watched Drake was at Minnesota...I came away impressed. This combined with Key's injury and the difficulty of winning conference road game lead me to lean Bulldogs.

Brick

Drake is a good team. They have a road win which tells you all you need to know. Tough game without Key

Phantom

Gonna be a tough one, but the fact we've won several close games and some away from home should help us.

Just win.

redbirdron1

Minimize the TO's from last game. Time for Tinsley to be consistent at his role
and Clarence to show something.

Utilize MY to his fullest - they'll b double/triple teaming until others can show ability
to hit perimeter shots. Madison has got to shoot better.

Close game for sure - Go Birds.

Top Bottom