Big Dance Bracket

ISU FAN 1

Talking heads concerned that Big 10 will not get a fair shake by playing conference tourney a week early. Never heard them mention that about the MVC.

Birdswin

I think it does hurt the Valley to have our tournament early. It always gives many people a full week to pick and pick and pick and pick at our teams. It is all about Doug Elgin wanting our championship game on CBS - so it has to go a week early.

I could care less that our championship game is on CBS or not - especially with all of the streaming capabilities in today's world. The people who want to watch it - will find it. Play the games when it is most advantageous to the schools - not to TV and the Commissioners ego.

bb fan

A number of years ago there was a movement to change the name of the conference to the Big Valley. Dropping Missouri from the name. Several folks were for it. Not sure what happened to the concept.

Birdman

Birdswin said:
I think it does hurt the Valley to have our tournament early. It always gives many people a full week to pick and pick and pick and pick at our teams. It is all about Doug Elgin wanting our championship game on CBS - so it has to go a week early.

I could care less that our championship game is on CBS or not - especially with all of the streaming capabilities in today's world. The people who want to watch it - will find it. Play the games when it is most advantageous to the schools - not to TV and the Commissioners ego.

We never fair very well on CBS either. I would be ok with pushing it back and having it on ESPN. I also wouldn’t mind us changing our post season format so we re-seed after the first round. Winner of the season should be rewarded and get that advantage.

ISU FAN 1

bb fan said:
A number of years ago there was a movement to change the name of the conference to the Big Valley. Dropping Missouri from the name. Several folks were for it. Not sure what happened to the concept.

Copyright infringement

p503607_b_v8_ac.jpg

bawhale88

St. Marys got the same treatment we got last year. I would take St. Mary's over ASU, Syracuse, Oklahoma. I dont care if ASU beat Kansas and Xavier. That was 4 months ago. They are a mediocre team that went 8-10 in a conference not rated much better than the Valley

Hrtnfldhse

bawhale88 said:
St. Marys got the same treatment we got last year. I would take St. Mary's over ASU, Syracuse, Oklahoma. I dont care if ASU beat Kansas and Xavier. That was 4 months ago. They are a mediocre team that went 8-10 in a conference not rated much better than the Valley
Neither Missouri or Oklahoma should have got it. OK only got in because of Trae Young

Redbird222

bawhale88 said:
If Arizona St didn't make it then Pac 12 would have only 2 teams and we all know that would simply not be acceptable. Notable mid majors St Mary's and Middle Tennessee St missing. MTSU not even in discussion.

Birdswin

The selections are becoming a bigger farce each year. The comment by Seth Davis about Wichita was uncalled for - it was a slam on the Valley and other conferences.

bawhale88

new rule i would implement: teams to be considered for at large bids must be .500 or better in conference play

bb fan

The NCAA's autonomous 5 would never, ever allow such a rule bawhale88. Great, fair idea. But the P5's don't want it about how good the teams are -- who is most deserving.

Adunk33

Staff member
Redbird222 said:
bawhale88 said:
If Arizona St didn't make it then Pac 12 would have only 2 teams and we all know that would simply not be acceptable. Notable mid majors St Mary's and Middle Tennessee St missing. MTSU not even in discussion.

Don't forget about that incredible UNC-G vs Gonzaga in the first round... that didn't need to happen but it does make sure one Non-P5 gets knocked out in the first round.

CaliRdBrd

bawhale88 said:
new rule i would implement: teams to be considered for at large bids must be .500 or better in conference play

Been saying this for years. In addition, the regular season champ should get the auto bid. Conf tournaments are a joke ; a joke that only benefits the P5.

Birdman

CaliRdBrd said:
bawhale88 said:

Been saying this for years. In addition, the regular season champ should get the auto bid. Conf tournaments are a joke ; a joke that only benefits the P5.

Valley can give their bid to the season champ if they wish.

DWRedbird

bawhale88 said:

This would be the best rule they could implement, but I agree in that it will likely never happened. I think if you can't win at least half your games in conference you will have no chance in the tourney.

johnaaa10

Hrtnfldhse said:
bawhale88 said:
Neither Missouri or Oklahoma should have got it. OK only got in because of Trae Young

Missouri?

Top Bottom