Becky Short

Baltimore Bird

Becky was my ticket lady back in the 90's and then I would see her in STL at the Redbird table. She was a sweetheart.

Cindy00

Thank you for sharing this sad news Humdinger. Such a great lady. I was going through my box of Redbird stuff recently and came across a newsletter that talked about her retirement. RIP Becky.

Redbird78

The Ath Ticket office has needed a “Becky” for a long time. She set a customer service standard that hasn’t been met since she left. RIP!

RedbirdSoxFan

Becky was a great person. Always did me well with Redbird tickets. Blessed me with tickets behind press row for the Arizona game in Sacramento. Always missed her after she retired

DougSutton

Wow, very sad news. I remember Becky very well, she was an amazing woman and representative of ISU Athletics, truly on the front lines of the customer experience representing Illinois State and she did an incredible job. Completely agree with @Redbird78 that she set a standard that at least I haven't seen met since.

Seven

Becky Short worked in the ticket office from 1972 to 2008. Incredible.

June 27, 2008

NORMAL, Ill. -
Illinois State Director of Athletics Dr. Sheahon Zenger announced the hiring of Bethany Foss Friday, as the assistant athletics director for ticket operations. The position became available as a result of long-time ticket manager Becky Short announcing her retirement, effective Aug. 1.

"First of all, I would like to thank Becky for her 36 years of service and loyalty to Redbird Athletics," said Zenger. "She has been a tremendous asset to me for the last three years, and to the other directors of athletics over the previous 33 years. I wish her nothing but the best in retirement.

fdbird83

Does anyone know where she was living when she passed. I did a google search but didn't fine anything.

SgtHulka

Sad news. Sorry I'm late hearing it. She was a Wonderful person. So approachable and nice to deal with. ISU made a concerted effort to block off that approachability after she retired. Was a sad day, but this day is sadder. RIP Becky. You were a true asset to the program

Top Bottom