At Indiana State 1/20/18

Phantom

Can we make it two in a row at the cursed Hulman Center?

If Key, Milik and Philthy Phil are on, then yes. But it's always a pain in the ass in Terre Haute so who knows...

Find a way.

DoubleDeuce

Of course we can! Let's get this train on the tracks pointing toward St. Louis and start picking up some steam!

Phantom

DoubleDeuce said:
Of course we can! Let's get this train on the tracks pointing toward St. Louis and start picking up some steam!

Pretty much my thoughts right after I posted the thread. This will be our 20th game...time to get on a roll.

SgtHulka

Potentially the first game with a fully available roster. Takes a while to get the new guys in the mix, but the primary 2 who were out are getting into the flow.

Chop some wood

bb fan

Again, take care of the ball. No dumb passes.

INSU is kind of like Drake, If they are hitting their 3's, they will be very tough. They can be very streaky and can catch fire at home.

BTbird

I don't care who wins as long as Matt Hein gets a lot off playing time.

Redbirdwarrior

Boy, road games are tough this year, aren't they? For everyone.

Still, I think the team is starting to gel. Sometimes I forget that we have a 7 foot player with the ability to alter any shot from 10 feet in. It is nice to have that back. I think ISUr wins this one by 7 or 8.

ISUr- 69
ISUb- 61

Redbird Alum 2004

Looking for continued improvement from Elijah and David. I think Madison confess back and helps control their two guards. I think Evans is almost back to 100% so that should help as well.

DannyCooksey

winnable road game in Valley play. gotta find a way.

protect the ball and make FT's. that usually works on the road.

ThisIsTheLineup

I hope Dan turned up the thermostat for practice. They like to boost up the heat in the Hulman Center.

ISU FAN 1

Hein minutes > Clarance minutes = LOSS

Hein minutes < Clarance minutes = WIN

Adunk33

Staff member
Romine and Williams are in full participation/dressed during this mornings shoot around.

redbirdron1

Muller shared with us at the BU luncheon that Romine was back but
not in the rotation yet and possibly won't be this season. Pretty much indicated
that it's up to Romine's performance in practice as to whether he'd get any minutes
the remainder of the year.

Adunk33

Staff member
redbirdron1 said:
Muller shared with us at the BU luncheon that Romine was back but
not in the rotation yet and possibly won't be this season. Pretty much indicated
that it's up to Romine's performance in practice as to whether he'd get any minutes
the remainder of the year.

Amazing that a fan had to ask that question... not someone who talks to Muller every week. Thanks for the insight!

The Beak

ISU FAN 1 said:
Hein minutes > Clarance minutes = LOSS

Hein minutes < Clarance minutes = WIN

Dude, you're arguing with yourself. Nobody is saying Hein is the answer, or better than Clarence. But while Elijah was getting
healthy, Hein contributed a whole lot more than anyone remotely expected.

I'm just mightily impressed with his progression from years 1 and 2 to what he has worked himself into this year.
Not to mention the way he "brings it" every game. If Redbird team leaders has channeled his intensity through 19 games,
this team would have more than 10 in the "W' column.

Redbird Alum 2004

Speaking of energy, Zach Copeland seems to have a bunch of it during games. One thing I noticed while he was in the stands the first semester was how into the game was. He was into the game. I remember when McIntosh and Hawkins were sitting there they were on their phones the entire time.

dpdoughbird06

https://twitter.com/redbird_mbb/status/954698183942295552

Birds 74
Trees 72

As for Hein, we're 2-0 when he plays 30+ minutes so I'll take more of that! Give Madison time to get back up to speed in limited minutes. And Elijah is a freshman getting his first taste of The Cauldron.

ISU FAN 1

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Speaking of energy, Zach Copeland seems to have a bunch of it during games. One thing I noticed while he was in the stands the first semester was how into the game was. He was into the game. I remember when McIntosh and Hawkins were sitting there they were on their phones the entire time.
Googling graduate programs.

Top Bottom