Arch Madness No Longer at Scottrade Center

Adunk33

Staff member
The naming rights to the building were sold. There will be an announcement Monday at 10 a.m. to introduce the building's new name.

bb fan

This building has had a lot of names over the years. Would not surprise me if it is Wells Fargo

ThisIsTheLineup

The Redbirds never won a Valley Title in the "Scottrade Center"...let's start a winning streak at the "Enterprise Center!"

DannyCooksey

ThisIsTheLineup said:
The Redbirds never won a Valley Title in the "Scottrade Center"...let's start a winning streak at the "Enterprise Center!"

Enterlies Rent-A-Car

JHBird

Adunk33 said:
The naming rights to the building were sold. There will be an announcement Monday at 10 a.m. to introduce the building's new name.

I was excited that it might be moving out of St. Louis. It might be better in Moline...in a smaller arena, cheaper hotels, etc. Heck, I'd be okay with them just rotating it throughout the valley universities...we could get the home court advantage once in a while. That might put us over the top.

TIMMY

JHBird said:
Adunk33 said:

I was excited that it might be moving out of St. Louis. It might be better in Moline...in a smaller arena, cheaper hotels, etc. Heck, I'd be okay with them just rotating it throughout the valley universities...we could get the home court advantage once in a while. That might put us over the top.

Unfortunately Patti V. and Frankie V. will never let that happen. :(

ThisIsTheLineup

JHBird said:
Adunk33 said:

Was this sarcasm?

Adunk33

Staff member
ThisIsTheLineup said:
JHBird said:
Adunk33 said:

Was this sarcasm?

The tournament should never move from STL. I remember reading that the MVC embraced the city better than the SEC this year. Can't find the link but I thought that was interesting.

johnaaa10

JHBird said:
Adunk33 said:

200.gif

ThisIsTheLineup

Adunk33 said:
ThisIsTheLineup said:
JHBird said:

Was this sarcasm?

The tournament should never move from STL. I remember reading that the MVC embraced the city better than the SEC this year. Can't find the link but I thought that was interesting.

:text-+1: :text-+1:

JHBird

ThisIsTheLineup said:
JHBird said:
Adunk33 said:

Was this sarcasm?

OK, so it was a bad idea...

How did everybody who went down there feel about the crowds? They had the upper bowl screened off, and most times the lower bowl seemed barely half full. Kinda of disappointing turnout I thought. I do like St. Louis over having it in Chicago.

Adunk33

Staff member
JHBird said:
ThisIsTheLineup said:
JHBird said:

Was this sarcasm?

OK, so it was a bad idea...

How did everybody who went down there feel about the crowds? They had the upper bowl screened off, and most times the lower bowl seemed barely half full. Kinda of disappointing turnout I thought. I do like St. Louis over having it in Chicago.

I liked have the upper deck curtained off for two reasons. 1.) Ushers were much more relaxed about where your tickets were versus where you are sitting. 2.) It created a much more intimate setting for basketball which brought the energy up.

The Redbird crowds were good. Loyola seemed to be in a distant second with number of fans. SIU, DU, BU, and INST all brought about the same amount. ILST fans are not the issue with the tournament, its the other teams who haven't brought more fans.

bb fan

I thought the 2018 MVC tourney went well. I was concerned going in, without Wichita. I would disagree that the lower bowl looked half full, especially Saturday. With the upper bowl closed (actually, not sure anybody else noticed, but Saturday a part of the upper bowl WAS opened up, at about mid court opposite the cameras). The crowds were good sized and spirited. They tourney had a surprisingly good vibe.

I think it will good, maybe even excellent if we can get, say SIU And MSU going. And and even better ISU, of course (you know which ISU I mean). They have proven, especially the Salukis to support the tourney well in the past, when they are good. I think the future looks good for Arch Madness. To heck with Wichita and Creighton.

Top Bottom