Abdou Ndiaye

WoodlandWarrior

What is anyone hearing about his progress? Has he improved his weight and strength? Did he hold his own in practice?

redbirdron1

Great question Woodland. I worry about his pencil thin shins supporting his frame - like his 5th cousin removed, King David.

Also have more concerns as I reviewed our roster this morning. Boyd is a prolific shooter but doesn't make many - all my concerns are based
on stats. Coleman went dry for weeks so R 2 shooting guards may need a larger peach basket.

Wing Forwards - Chastain a favorite doesn't look to shoot. Some may say that will change over the summer but if he does it will take shots away from others
and oh the woes with that. Bruninga - hurt and the 6'6 guy in the track suit who's a SR. didn't have the stats to make you think he's a scoring machine.

Bigs - the LA guy in the track suit is loud and a great leader we hear. Personally, always really endeared myself to the guy who was yapping non-stop, right?
He may be fine and we sure could use athleticism, grit and toughness inside. Rey had a nice year and he's the one guy on the roster who pleasantly exceeded my
expectations though his outputs weren't significant.

PG's - looks like the frosh from North Carolina and another frosh to be named soon. Dan surely knows we could have used a savvy JC guy this year but just not enough
to go around I guess. Could Hein be our starting PG once November rolls around?

Makes me think we might be picked for about 7th place in MVC. I failed to mention the D skill of any of the guys but was having trouble with anything tangible other than Chastain's contributions. Maybe rebounding will be our Team strength.

DWRedbird

redbirdron1 said:
Great question Woodland. I worry about his pencil thin shins supporting his frame - like his 5th cousin removed, King David.

Also have more concerns as I reviewed our roster this morning. Boyd is a prolific shooter but doesn't make many - all my concerns are based
on stats. Coleman went dry for weeks so R 2 shooting guards may need a larger peach basket.

Wing Forwards - Chastain a favorite doesn't look to shoot. Some may say that will change over the summer but if he does it will take shots away from others
and oh the woes with that. Bruninga - hurt and the 6'6 guy in the track suit who's a SR. didn't have the stats to make you think he's a scoring machine.

Bigs - the LA guy in the track suit is loud and a great leader we hear. Personally, always really endeared myself to the guy who was yapping non-stop, right?
He may be fine and we sure could use athleticism, grit and toughness inside. Rey had a nice year and he's the one guy on the roster who pleasantly exceeded my

PG's - looks like the frosh from North Carolina and another frosh to be named soon. Dan surely knows we could have used a savvy JC guy this year but just not enough

Makes me think we might be picked for about 7th place in MVC. I failed to mention the D skill of any of the guys but was having trouble with anything tangible other than Chastain's contributions. Maybe rebounding will be our Team strength.

I can't speak to Abdou's skills or growth in practice, but I see him pretty frequently when walking my dog through campus, and he isn't as pencil thin as he looks from a distance. I would argue that he is more filled out than David was at this point.

CaliRdBrd

redbirdron1 said:

The only way I see us being picked seventh is if they change the valley to seven teams. I know we’re not done recruiting yet, but as of right now this team is a hot mess.

cubird

Debbie Downers! Relax...all summer to improve and get ready for overseas trip.

bombay

cubird said:
Debbie Downers! Relax...all summer to improve and get ready for overseas trip.

Amen. Some tired clowns in here.

birdsflyhigh

Not just some but would say same tired clowns in here. Heck, if Drake can go from preseason Valley abyss to winning the MVC, then anything is possible from the Birds this coming season. Let's turn the last season's page, and have ISU take the MVC by storm. It's not like that's out of reach....c'mon BU went to the Big Dance last season.

Okay, get it fired up HC Muller and company...let's do this,,,win the MVC and go dancing!!!

I'm back on board...GO BIRDS! :dance:

Reggie Redbird

redbirdron1 said:

Do you mean Copeland?

We have a lot of unknowns right now. Last year's known guys had some positive contributions and some where they didn't live up to expectations. Overall, it was a disappointing season. Maybe we'll get the opposite this next year.

B

BirdGrad2011

I would caution against judging Boyd’s year at EKU too hard. He took a ton of shots on a bad team. I would bet he forced a lot trying to make something happen.

gobirds72

BirdGrad2011 said:
I would caution against judging Boyd’s year at EKU too hard. He took a ton of shots on a bad team. I would bet he forced a lot trying to make something happen.

What are we going to be? A great team?

Manchester Matt

gobirds72 said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

Nobody has any idea. It’s all speculation.

We have three open scholarships and a bunch of players NOBODY has seen play live.

Maybe we should at least wait until the roster is complete before penciling the Redbirds in the 10th spot.

gobirds72

Santa Cason said:
gobirds72 said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

We have three open scholarships and a bunch of players NOBODY has seen play live.

Maybe we should at least wait until the roster is complete before penciling the Redbirds in the 10th spot.

I think we need to wait until at least after the trip. I’m sure a few will surprise us with their talent, and a few will under perform. That’s ok...kind of expect it.

SgtHulka

Santa Cason said:
gobirds72 said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

Careful. Proclaiming them next year's national champion may not sit well with some here.

cpacmel

Has anyone heard if Abdou’s game resembles Karl Malone?

At this point.....that’s all I care about! :dance:

WoodlandWarrior

Good point CpacMel. Again, I go back to my original question re the kid’s progress. Are the assessments favorable after a year on campus?

Bird Friend

SgtHulka said:
Santa Cason said:
gobirds72 said:

Careful. Proclaiming them next year's national champion may not sit well with some here.

Well we do have Moses Malone . . . or is it Karl Malone . . . it's so hard to remember.

Brick

I am less concerned with who we now have on the team. We have three open scholarships and not a peep about anyone filling those scholarships. It’s MAY!

B

BirdGrad2011

gobirds72 said:
BirdGrad2011 said:

Better than a 4 win OVC team.

Redbirdwarrior

I've seen the kid up close a few times, he is not your traditional central African body type. He seems to have more weight to him than I expected. I am less interested in his current practice FG% and more interested in his current weight. If he is at 220-230, we are in pretty good shape.

Top Bottom