3x3 tournament Final 4 weekend

Adunk33

Staff member
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/how-the-100k-3-on-3-tourney-for-college-seniors-held-at-the-final-four-will-work/

Every conference will send a team to compete for 100k. The winnings go to the players. All NCAA eligibility must be exhausted to play.

So what would the MVC team look like this year?

Alize Johnson for sure.

Maybe Reed Timmer or one of those other Drake seniors. Maybe one of those guys from Loyola?

RedbirdSoxFan

Adunk33 said:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/how-the-100k-3-on-3-tourney-for-college-seniors-held-at-the-final-four-will-work/

Every conference will send a team to compete for 100k. The winnings go to the players. All NCAA eligibility must be exhausted to play.

Alize Johnson for sure.

Maybe Reed Timmer or one of those other Drake seniors. Maybe one of those guys from Loyola?

Brenton Scott-Indiana State
Reed Timmer-Drake
Alize Johnson-Missouri State

ThisIsTheLineup

RedbirdSoxFan said:
Adunk33 said:

Alize Johnson for sure.

Brenton Scott-Indiana State
Reed Timmer-Drake
Alize Johnson-Missouri State

100% all in those choices. Maybe add Donte Ingram to the list of those eligible. Pick 3 of that 4 and you have yourself a nice team!

Birdman85

This is a good idea and should be entertaining. Unfortunately anyone that plans to play professionally will not participate and chance injury.

RedbirdSoxFan

Birdman85 said:
This is a good idea and should be entertaining. Unfortunately anyone that plans to play professionally will not participate and chance injury.

How many College seniors actually get drafted? Most would have left early and already been in the NBA. How many are projected to be in this years draft? So maybe a handful of Seniors may pass on the opportunity to:
#1) compete for a 3on3 championship
#2) perform in front of NBA scouts against the top 127 seniors in the country (with exception of those still left in the Sweet 16)
#3) an opportunity to represent their conference against the top seniors of the top conferences in the country
#4) although to some it may be “Crumbs” but to a 22 year old, getting an all expense paid trip to San Antonio with the opportunity to win over $10,000 and attend the Final Four is a big deal.

Birdman85

Your are right that many won't get drafted. I simply meant many will be gearing up to play overseas. Also I doubt many NBA scouts would take what they see in a 3 on 3 game as a true evaluation.

Adunk33

Staff member
Tevon Walker- Valpo
Donte Thomas-Bradley
Brenton Scott- Indiana State
Jake Koch- UNI

I'm not sure how the selection worked, but no Timmer is strange to me. I understand Alize is preparing for the draft.

Top Bottom