#3 Illinois State v #6 Indiana State 3/2

Adunk33

Staff member
Well, we got the Trees. If we can get passed them, I like our chances.

8:30ish p.m. tip. Get ready REDBIRD FANS! It's almost time for Arch Madness!

The positive thing about this time slot, we have the most rest time headed into the tournament.

bb fan

So does INSU, Adunk. This broke crappy for us. Both BU and DU lose AT HOME. So we are the recepient of the worst game of the first round.

ThisIsTheLineup

Something I stated a week or so ago that I thought was worth mentioning again - just as fun trivia...

Since Dan became head coach, the 3 seed has not won a game in STL (aka - have not won on Friday)

bb fan

It is a crappy seed, Lineup. Would ALWAYS rather finish 4 or 5 than play that late game. The 3 always gets punished for finishing higher.

Redbird82

Would rather avoid Loyola till the final, maybe they get knocked off. I know INSU guards are a tough matchup but if you can’t beat the 6 seed with 6 days rest and everyone available you don’t deserve to win the tournament.

bb fan

It gives the 6 seed a chance to prepare as well. That 6 days of prep and rest. Especially this year. Not a huge diff between the teams 2 - 6.

Dave99

I usually hate the 3 seed, but I think it matters less this year. There isn't a dominant 2 seed that we have to play on short rest, and the way SIU stumbled across the finish line (and MSU for that matter), we might be playing a 10 seed in their 3rd game in 3 days. That would negate our short rest disadvantage. Indiana State is a tough matchup, but 2 through 10 are capable of good and bad games this year. A potential championship run of 3 wins in basically a day and a half would be tough, but would be a hell of an accomplishment to look back on.

ISU FAN 1

bb fan said:
It gives the 6 seed a chance to prepare as well. That 6 days of prep and rest. Especially this year. Not a huge diff between the teams 2 - 6.

Not a huge difference 1-10

Manchester Matt

FWIW, Missouri State will probably be the 8 seed. I think Evansville jumps them in the RPI after today.

bb fan

This might be the year a 7 - 10 win on Friday. Probably the best chance in years, but I am still gonna predict it won't happen. The legs start going mid second half.

SgtHulka

Dave99 said:
I usually hate the 3 seed, but I think it matters less this year. There isn't a dominant 2 seed that we have to play on short rest, and the way SIU stumbled across the finish line (and MSU for that matter), we might be playing a 10 seed in their 3rd game in 3 days. That would negate our short rest disadvantage. Indiana State is a tough matchup, but 2 through 10 are capable of good and bad games this year. A potential championship run of 3 wins in basically a day and a half would be tough, but would be a hell of an accomplishment to look back on.

Saturday game is a bit later this year, so there's that

Bird Friend

bb fan said:
So does INSU, Adunk. This broke crappy for us. Both BU and DU lose AT HOME. So we are the recepient of the worst game of the first round.

Unh-hunh . . . we've got an additional 2 hours over the next six days . . . so there! ;)

Metamoron

I have always like being a 2 or 3 seed. The reason is that should we win the Friday game (and we should) then the Saturday game is the next to last game of tourney.

Or said another way, if we win our first game, we will not be out of the tourney until late on Saturday.

Worst feeling in world is being done early.

Just win on Friday!!

Tpguy

If we lose Friday, we have more rest before the opening game next season

ISU FAN 1

bb fan said:
This might be the year a 7 - 10 win on Friday. Probably the best chance in years, but I am still gonna predict it won't happen. The legs start going mid second half.

Way to go out on limb. You criticize others for making bold predictions that may not pan out exactly, then you take the chalk path of a chickenshit.

ISU FAN 1

Tpguy said:
If we lose Friday, we have more rest before the opening game next season

Actually funny. A blind squirrel does find a nut every now and then.

Retire 12

By the time you take the court as the 3 seed, it's a 5 team tournament. Not 10... not 8. 5.

I like our chances with our guys.

Top Bottom