SIU over Northern Iowa

Saturday
Loyola over Bradley
Evansville over SIU

Sunday
Evansville over Loyola

DoubleDeuce

Thur: Indiana State and Illinois State
Fri: Loyola (close), Bradley, Illinois State, Southern Ill (best game of the tourney)
Saturday: Loyola (easy), Southern Ill (probably not close)
Sunday: Southern Ill.

ricohill

Thursday:
Indiana State
Illinois State

Friday:
Loyola
Bradley
Illinois State
Southern Illinois

Saturday:
Loyola
Southern Illinois

Sunday:
Southern Illinois

birdlife

ricohill said:
Thursday:
Indiana State
Illinois State

Friday:
Loyola
Bradley
Illinois State
Southern Illinois

Saturday:
Loyola
Southern Illinois

Sunday:
Southern Illinois

my bracket would look just like [mention]ricohill[/mention] 's -- but its the valley, so i'll have to come up with some chaotic picks

WoodlandWarrior

I believe Child’s will play this weekend, but I also believe that he could transfer for his remaining two years of eligibility.

Adunk33

Staff member
IDK
ILST

LOY
UNI
IDK
IDK

IDK
IDK

IDK

For those going Thursday, I predict the Birds have the most raucous crowd. Drinks will be flowing! Don't forget to meet at the Brewhouse before the game!

Hrtnfldhse

Thursday: ISUB and ISUR
Friday: Loyola, Mo St, ISUR, SIU
Saturday: Loyola and SIU
Sunday SIU

ISU86

#8 Sycamores over #9 Crusaders
#7 Redbirds over #10 Purple Aces

#1 Ramblers over #8 Sycamores
#4 Bears over #5 Braves
#7 Redbirds over #2 Bulldogs
#3 Salukis over #6 Panthers

#4 Bears over #1 Ramblers
#3 Salukis over #7 Redbirds

#4 Bears over #3 Salukis

Flagship08

In light of the loss of a starter from both Evansville and Drake (who we are already 4-0 against) is it crazy to think that our path to Sunday may be easier after losing to SIU? Had we won that game we would be playing MSU or BU on Friday and then had to play Loyola on Saturday.

I would be willing to bet we are favorites for both the Evansville game and then Drake if we won. Saturday we would play the winner of UNI/SIU.

Call me crazy but I like this path to Sunday better than the 4/5 seed.

ricohill

Flagship08 said:
In light of the loss of a starter from both Evansville and Drake (who we are already 4-0 against) is it crazy to think that our path to Sunday may be easier after losing to SIU? Had we won that game we would be playing MSU or BU on Friday and then had to play Loyola on Saturday.

I would be willing to bet we are favorites for both the Evansville game and then Drake if we won. Saturday we would play the winner of UNI/SIU.

It's interesting you brought that up. I went back and looked at the Hackman scenarios. It looks like if we beat SIU, we would be playing them again in the 4/5 game.

RedbirdSoxFan

Flagship08 said:

I think that our path to Saturday was made easier by losing to Southern, but I think our path to Sunday was made harder by losing to Southern. I would rather have played Southern in the 4/5 game then to have to play them Saturday after playing Thursday and Friday.

I like that our bench is looking pretty good for winning four games in four days. Matt Chastain, Josh Jefferson, Rey Idowu, & Isaac Gassman are all pretty well rested (and hopefully healthy), and have had enought playing time to be prepared for the four days ahead.

I think that the Redbirds need to play all-out on defense to force turnovers and limit good shots. They need to play slow and intelligent on offense, using the shot-clock to conserve energy for the four days. Zero bad shots, zero forced passes and unforced turnovers, zero NBA contested 3-point shots (especially with over 10 seconds remaining on the shot-clock).

Good luck Seniors! Show some heart, passion, effort, basketball IQ, and refuse to lose attitude & confidence !
Unfinished Business! GO YOU REDBIRDS!!!

ReggieReview

https://www.letmebfrankblog.com/2019/03/05/missouri-valley-conference-tournament-preview/

Attached is an in-depth analysis of The Missouri Valley Tournament with projections and outlooks.

Buckle Up!
- RR

cpacmel

ReggieReview said:
https://www.letmebfrankblog.com/2019/03/05/missouri-valley-conference-tournament-preview/

Attached is an in-depth analysis of The Missouri Valley Tournament with projections and outlooks.

Buckle Up!
- RR

The NIU thing is a typo right? 👀

Top Bottom