1 week to go!!!!

Redbirds100

Nice Video, it's two weeks when they play Eastern Illinois. Next week is a exhibition that does not count, hope nobody gets hurt!!!! Excited to be at the first NCAA game vs Panthers!!!!

Redbirds100

Watching the St X game at Marian(Indy), they look horrible, it will be a joke next week. Right now the score is Marian 38 St X 0 halftime.

Who Scheduled this Game that does not count next Week?

Game on ISC sports network

TreRoberson4Heisman

Redbirds100 said:
Watching the St X game at Marian(Indy), they look horrible, it will be a joke next week. Right now the score is Marian 38 St X 0 halftime.

Marian I believe is the “last chance U” of NAIA. I think they had 1 or 2 guys drafted last year.

fourthandshort

absolutely loved it ... willing to bet money on who narrated it .. 2014 DB Dontae McCoy ... 99% sure it is him. Recall he did a pregame speech to players last year that got taped ... for homecoming maybe. That guy was one of the best leaders (and a very good football player) to ever to wear a Redbird uniform. Got a chance to talk with him a few times when he was still a player ... just the real deal all the way around .. lot of heart and left everything on field.

Need more players like that.

Virginia Redbird

Redbirds100 said:

Yes...this could be pretty ugly next week. http://www.muknights.com/article/6236.php

fourthandshort

You know how sometimes you name games of historic significance ... well this STX game could be such a game ... for all bad reasons though.

In any case, I've got a name that will help put a more positive twist on it ... I propose this game should be dubbed .... The AD Lyons Made Budget Game.

fourthandshort

So I watched highlights of STX - Marian game .. STX looked small and really struggled to tackle . Marian looked bigger for sure and average 9.8 yards per play. So imagine how STX is going to tackle any of our RBs all ranging from 215 lbs to 230 lbs .. top level FCS defenses had trouble bringing them down last season behind an inexperienced and banged up OL. I don't see how if our guys show up with any kind of a pulse, this doesn't get real ugly fast ... and AD Lyons slips out side door during half time show to count the money he saved booking this game.

Adunk33

Staff member
Does everyone still think I'm crazzzzy thinking we could put up 80? :lol:

fourthandshort

Adunk33 said:

Could we ... maybe. They run a no huddle hurry up .. which greatly improves chances. But Spack wont allow it.

By the way .. STX has a very strong NAIA program .. always top 10. So I hope they dont read this and feel disrespected. None is intended.

Adunk33

Staff member
fourthandshort said:
Adunk33 said:

Could we ... maybe. They run a no huddle hurry up .. which greatly improves chances. But Spack wont allow it.

By the way .. STX has a very strong NAIA program .. always top 10. So I hope they dont read this and feel disrespected. None is intended.

Agreed. I was just joshing around. We WON'T score 80. But 60.......

DaveBird10

Adunk33 said:
Does everyone still think I'm crazzzzy thinking we could put up 80? [emoji38]
No, I was thinking 75 when I saw the score this morning!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Virginia Redbird

fourthandshort said:
Adunk33 said:

No disrespect intended. If the Redbirds had a game with Alabama or Clemson or some other decent Power 5 team, I would think ISU would be lucky to get out with only giving up 50 or so points. It is just simply the difference in the quality of players, the number of scholarships and resources between the different levels. ISU should not take StX lightly, remember what happened to Northwestern a couple years ago. But still when the different levels play each other the top dog more often than not wins.
What surprised me was the lopsided score from yesterday's NAIA game. I did not expect StX to be beaten so badly by another NAIA school. Maybe just one of those games that got out of hand but it is not a good omen for them when they are ranked #6 and are beaten so badly by a top twenty but still lower ranked team.
As long as the Redbirds come ready to play I think they should get a chance to play a lot of their players. I only saw the highlights of last nights game but the StX players seemed to have trouble tackling and covering. I agree with Fourth...the Redbird running backs are big, strong and talented. It may just be too much for the StX defenders as the game wears on. I looked at the StX roster and quite a few of their D-Linemen are Freshman and I did not see a 300 pounder DL on the roster. A few close to 300 pounds but most were pretty light. Maybe they are quick as can be but the Redbirds O-Linemen are all over or just under 300 pounds. I would expect the Redbird O-line will take a physical toll on StX as the game goes on.

CaliRdBrd

Put up over 100 and there will so much discussion about running up the score and why these games are even scheduled that maybe it will never happen again.

fourthandshort

VirginiaRB .. you mentioned Northwestern win. Yes, it was an upset. But physically, we were just as big everywhere except maybe on DL. That won't be case by 15-20 lbs across entire 2 deep against STX.

But they will be talented at playmaker positions .. just smaller across the board.

bluejay

I expect a lot if rumbling from the firm of Robinson Smith and Birch until Spack takes them out at the half. Always afraid of freak accidents in games like these. Would like to see some of the younger guys show their stuff, kinda like pre season. That goes for all skill positions.

TIMMY

My daughter ran at Marian so I've seen them play a ton over the last 4 years after her meets. Their QB is a 6'5" hometown Indy kid who stopped his recruitment early and chose Marian for educational reasons. Imagine that. Really great kid and talented. He could have played at a higher level. The o-line is big and strong. At least 3 transferred after starting at the D1 level. My only point is be glad we're not playing Marian and don't judge St. X too harshly based on this game.

That said we win by 50.

JHBird

Redbirds100 said:

They should experiment and allow alcohol sales for this game ...

Top Bottom