Committed: Boden Skunberg NDSU xfer

PurpleRedbird

Like the pickup for his shootjng. I would normally say I hope we use the other two for players with more than one year left, but just not as relevant as it used to be.

Redbird Alum 2004

I like it. Welcome to Redbird Nation! Love that he can make free throws, doesn't turn the ball over and can knock down the three.

TBus_Birds

Looks like a nice add. Only speculating, but wonder if the staff might give a look to NDSU's Andrew Morgan as well. 6'10" PF and team's second-leading scorer behind Skunberg last year with 12.9 ppg.

Edited to add: Nevermind that. Huskers got him already.

Last edited:

DougSutton

Anything interesting in the article?
Not really, just a summary of his statistics, no quotes and the typical "Pedon can't comment until....."

On another note, I'm sure the quality of university and business school played a role in this decision for him as well. That's one thing I believe we have going for us at our "level" of competition and perhaps with all the changes in sports, maybe a good strategy is to go after a bunch of grad transfers wanting further education in schools that we excel in.

MadBird

I watched the Bison a few times last season - vs. the other Dakotas mostly, think also Creighton and of course ISU - and I remember Skunberg being pretty solid and versatile.

Compare his stats with Pondexter, JohnnyK and Kasubke, and percentage-wise a lower % came from three than our guys. He takes it to the rack or hits the mid-range jumper pretty well, too. Shouldn't say it this way, but he's what I'm sure Pedon hoped Kasubke would be. He had 49 fouls in 31 games, so he either played hardly any D, or was pretty good at it.

I like the pickup - maybe this puts some pressure on someone else to move on? I hate thinking like that, or saying it out loud, but here we are . . .

DBird

Not really, just a summary of his statistics, no quotes and the typical "Pedon can't comment until....."

On another note, I'm sure the quality of university and business school played a role in this decision for him as well. That's one thing I believe we have going for us at our "level" of competition and perhaps with all the changes in sports, maybe a good strategy is to go after a bunch of grad transfers wanting further education in schools that we excel in.

Thanks

RedbirdSoxFan

Was suspended by his coach for the January 3rd NDSU/E. Washington game. As you can see it got him going.

Attachments

• IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    759.2 KB · Views: 17

RedbirdSoxFan

Will be interesting to see if this influences any movement by Jordan Davis or Luke Kasubke.

schoolsportsfan

In this day and age especially with NIL money, it’s all about the cash and playing time. The school and quality of the business school may play a very, very small role. Old school thinking that academics have anything to do with a decision.

Top Bottom