Myles Foster officially enters Transfer Portal!

Hamdonger

You all should be ashamed of yourself , a bunch of grown men hiding behind burner accounts
Just wondering - is your formal legal name (non burner account) Hooty Hoofan? Or is it Hooty Hoo Fan? Mr. or Mrs. or do you identify as a non binary calico cat or something? That's ok too, btw!

Hoo Fan. North Korea or South Korea? You should jump on 23 and Me to find out the origins of that name.

Hey thanks for coming!

Birdfriend72

I’m sure Myles Foster would rather take $1 above from a P5 what ISU offered so he can play in front of a packed stadium every game (whether off the bench or starting) than play in the MVC’s funeral home environments lol
The funeral home environment would change if the AD’s took the game serious. You have to invest to make money.

redbirds2000

You all should be ashamed of yourself , a bunch of grown men hiding behind burner accounts talking mess about a young man trying to pursue his dreams and aspirations. Who oh by the way carried us for majority of the year. This is exactly why as a program we will continue to struggle because we have a nasty fan base filled with people who are arrogant and entitled. Thus the reason bad luck will continue to follow ISU basketball.
What's the ultimate dream and aspiration for Myles?

RedbirdSoxFan

While I would have liked to see Myles stick around, and he was good for us this year...25 and 12 carries a program. Not 12ppg. Btw, I loved Ler Her Cry.
13.2 PPG 8.25 RPG can carry a team if he gets contributions from the other four players (which he didn’t).

Hamdonger

13.2 PPG 8.25 RPG can carry a team if he gets contributions from the other four players (which he didn’t).
There used to be a day when 12.4 ppg was 3rd or 4th on the team. Of course we're no longer in the "used to be a day" days. I hear people talking like a 12ppg player is an offensive juggernaut and I just roll my eyes. And I do realize you're not saying Myles is an offensive juggernaut, btw.

StLRedbird

We could do better if we got rid of football.
Understood. But to what end? I'll go ahead and point to Kansas' recent experience. One of if not the top basketball school in the NCAA. Has that gotten them into the B10 or SEC, like some of their old B12 peers? Nope. Having a top basketball program and $3 will get you a cup of coffee at Dunkin'

Hootyhoofan

What's the ultimate dream and aspiration for Myles?
Idk? Does it really matter? If he wants to leave let him. It’s not the end of the world. That’s why the portal exist. All I’m saying is it’s weird how grown adults act on here bashing a kid who was easily our best and most consistent player this year.

B

BirdGrad2011

Idk? Does it really matter? If he wants to leave let him. It’s not the end of the world. That’s why the portal exist. All I’m saying is it’s weird how grown adults act on here bashing a kid who was easily our best and most consistent player this year.
Who has bashed the kid? If he wants to go then go. Illinois State will be fine. He was a damn good player on a not great team. His game has flaws as does every college athlete. If you can’t handle people pointing out he has one move or doesn’t kick the ball out then get off message boards. Not one person has attacked him personally or his character.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Who has bashed the kid? If he wants to go then go. Illinois State will be fine. He was a damn good player on a not great team. His game has flaws as does every college athlete. If you can’t handle people pointing out he has one move or doesn’t kick the ball out then get off message boards. Not one person has attacked him personally or his character.
Agreed. I bash the NCAA, the portal itself, how NIL is setup, the P5 and college sports as whole. It's not really Myles fault. I wish he stayed, that isn't a slight, it's a compliment.

Redbird222

I think there is more bashing of the system and the disadvantage midmajors have versus outright criticism of Myles. Almost everyone has acknowledged you can't blame the player for leaving if there is such a disparity in what schools can pay.

There were comments made when discussing what he would have to improve to play in the NBA but that doesn't mean the fans don't think he was impactful at ISU or as a MVC player.

I am not sure how you expected the fans to react. It is getting harder and harder to have a personal attachment to a player because of the frequent roster turnover. I think almost everyone who read or posted on this thread can name players they have loved or admired. Players they watched play and develop or met in person. Some of those players contributed less than 12 points and 8 rebounds per game. However, those players were at ISU and the player most likely loved playing for the university we live and earned our respect for how they represented the team over several or many years.

Once again, I think everyone can/has acknowledged that Myles was a significant contributor last year and could have been next season if he had stayed. Most of us are speculating economics are the driver for his departure or it may be he feels he has a better chance to be on a NCAA team elsewhere. Either way it is still frustrating to the fan base that sees an opportunity to improve and make a run at the MVC title next year.

Hopefully it is abundantly clear that fans are very loyal to the institution and to players that demonstrate the same loyalty/commitment to the university. We are all adjusting to appreciating the contributions a player makes and leaves after one season. As a fan, you want to invest that emotional commitment but it's guarded because you know there is a good chance you are getting stood up at the portal alter.

One more thing I would say, as players begin to get paid increasingly under this structure, they should expect more and more open criticism of play whether accurate or not. The days of a student athletes is going by the wayside. They are not kids but young adults being compensated to play through NIL and other means. The consumer/fan has a right to voice their displeasure within REASONABLE guard rails. Welcome to the business and entertainment world.

I will monitor/follow Myles in the future. While I dont have any big resentment towards Myles, I can be frustrated and decide to focus my appreciation for the players still here. I will continue to root harder and more strongly for players that are loyal and demonstrate longer commitments to ISU than those that pass by for a season. Maybe that will change over time but that is how I personally feel as of now.

Aggie

It's a good question.
I think there is more bashing of the system and the disadvantage midmajors have versus outright criticism of Myles. Almost everyone has acknowledged you can't blame the player for leaving if there is such a disparity in what schools can pay.

There were comments made when discussing what he would have to improve to play in the NBA but that doesn't mean the fans don't think he was impactful at ISU or as a MVC player.

I am not sure how you expected the fans to react. It is getting harder and harder to have a personal attachment to a player because of the frequent roster turnover. I think almost everyone who read or posted on this thread can name players they have loved or admired. Players they watched play and develop or met in person. Some of those players contributed less than 12 points and 8 rebounds per game. However, those players were at ISU and the player most likely loved playing for the university we live and earned our respect for how they represented the team over several or many years.

Once again, I think everyone can/has acknowledged that Myles was a significant contributor last year and could have been next season if he had stayed. Most of us are speculating economics are the driver for his departure or it may be he feels he has a better chance to be on a NCAA team elsewhere. Either way it is still frustrating to the fan base that sees an opportunity to improve and make a run at the MVC title next year.

Hopefully it is abundantly clear that fans are very loyal to the institution and to players that demonstrate the same loyalty/commitment to the university. We are all adjusting to appreciating the contributions a player makes and leaves after one season. As a fan, you want to invest that emotional commitment but it's guarded because you know there is a good chance you are getting stood up at the portal alter.

One more thing I would say, as players begin to get paid increasingly under this structure, they should expect more and more open criticism of play whether accurate or not. The days of a student athletes is going by the wayside. They are not kids but young adults being compensated to play through NIL and other means. The consumer/fan has a right to voice their displeasure within REASONABLE guard rails. Welcome to the business and entertainment world.

I will monitor/follow Myles in the future. While I dont have any big resentment towards Myles, I can be frustrated and decide to focus my appreciation for the players still here. I will continue to root harder and more strongly for players that are loyal and demonstrate longer commitments to ISU than those that pass by for a season. Maybe that will change over time but that is how I personally feel as of now.

Once the players started taking money it all changes. Agree with the above. They are no longer just student athletes, they are paid performers. Sooner us fans figure that out, the better off we will be. The money now means they are professional athletes. They are not amateur, the line has been crossed. Whether we as fans like it or not doesn’t matter. New rules, new game, bring winners here, let the non performers go. The money is now in control of college basketball. Maybe, just maybe the money was always in control. It is just so much more blatant now.

gobirds85

Once the players started taking money it all changes. Agree with the above. They are no longer just student athletes, they are paid performers. Sooner us fans figure that out, the better off we will be. The money now means they are professional athletes. They are not amateur, the line has been crossed. Whether we as fans like it or not doesn’t matter. New rules, new game, bring winners here, let the non performers go. The money is now in control of college basketball. Maybe, just maybe the money was always in control. It is just so much more blatant now.

$$$$ has always driven the game, but now, as you stated, it's way more blatant. We can pretty much officially drop the moniker, "student/athlete". D1 bball is just another league. We as fans, just have to root for the uni now.

Manchester Matt

I don't really see much bashing of Myles either. I wanted him here. He didn't want to stay here. That's fine. The system sucks right now. There's no loyalty at all to the school or program. Don't get pissed off at people here for being passionate about this place. You and Myles don't get that, and it's fine.

RedbirdSoxFan

There used to be a day when 12.4 ppg was 3rd or 4th on the team. Of course we're no longer in the "used to be a day" days. I hear people talking like a 12ppg player is an offensive juggernaut and I just roll my eyes. And I do realize you're not saying Myles is an offensive juggernaut, btw.
Was that player that was averaging 12.4 and 3rd on the team in scoring also pulling down 8.5 rebounds a game?

RedbirdSoxFan

Mikyle McIntosh was 3rd in scoring and averaged 12.5 pts, 5.6 reb, 1.8 ast.
And he had Hawkins, PLee, TWills, and Phil Fayne as a supporting cast. And MiKyle didn’t grab 8.5 boards/game. Leroy’s best year was 9.8 PPG/5.2 RPG

B

BirdGrad2011

And he had Hawkins, PLee, TWills, and Phil Fayne as a supporting cast. And MiKyle didn’t grab 8.5 boards/game. Leroy’s best year was 9.8 PPG/5.2 RPG
I didn’t make the claim, I just looked up one strong year and 12 ppg was the 3rd best scorer.

GOP_Redbird

The funeral home environment would change if the AD’s took the game serious. You have to invest to make money.

I would love to know how many folks in ISU’s AD Dept. are former ISU athletes and former NCAA athletes versus how many are Accountants cutting corners with little to no understanding of sports

Top Bottom