MVC Players in 2024 Portal

RedbirdSoxFan

Lot of talk of needing players to hit the Transfer Portal. What player/players would you like to see hit the portal?

Metamoron

Since those 3 came from the portal, and each have played here a year or more, what makes us think we can recruit better this time around and make up for 4 collective years of experience in the system?

RedbirdSoxFan

Since those 3 came from the portal, and each have played here a year or more, what makes us think we can recruit better this time around and make up for 4 collective years of experience in the system?
This would be my vision for the 2024-25 season

I would like Johnny K. to get the majority of minutes at PG with Banks off the bench.
I would like Mal to get the majority of minutes at SG with Norris off the bench.
I would like Davis to get the minutes at SF with Pence off the bench.
I would like Chase getting the minutes at PF with Daugherty off the bench.
I would like Foster at C with Chase at backup.

These guys can either stick around and fill in when needed or hit the portal. I would prefer they stay because getting guys to transfer in to get limited minutes that would be better than what we have would be difficult. And these guys could help bridge the gap until Norris and Daugherty get accustomed to the speed and strength of the D1 game. Hopefully Pence can get his game up to where we thought he would be:

Burford
Kasubke
Lieb

Moreorless

I would like Johnny K. to get the majority of minutes at PG with Banks off the bench.
I would like Mal to get the majority of minutes at SG with Norris off the bench.

These guys can either stick around and fill in when needed or hit the portal. I would prefer they stay because getting guys to transfer in to get limited minutes that would be better than what we have would be difficult. And these guys could help bridge the gap until Norris and Daugherty get accustomed to the speed and strength of the D1 game. Hopefully Pence can get his game up to where we thought he would be:

Burford
Kasubke
Lieb
What about Myles at the 4 and Chase at the 5 spot ?

Hamdonger

I'd like to see how this starting lineup would perform together. Intriguing.

redbirds2000

Burford
Kasubke
Lieb
I know he's staying, but Davis was 4 ppg, 27% from 3, 32% FG. I expect Jack to be better than that from the moment he steps on the floor. Can't we do better than 4, 27, 32 in the portal?? It looks like we can do better than that in the Valley portal alone. We are probably going to have 3 spots to fill. I'm going to be disappointed if these are not starter caliber transfers. While these teams will be dismantled in the next week or so, what is listed above would be in deep trouble if Drake and Indy State had their coaches coming back.

redbirds2000

It's worth a shot. Those 3 will not be the reason we go to the NCAA. Are we trying to win here or just be nice??

MadBird

Burford
Kasubke
Lieb
Daugherty I don't think is a PF - 6'7, 195-200 lbs, 3 point shooter. He's a "small forward" in the old terminology, a wing. We really need a portal pickup to fill the PF role, or beef Pence up some (he's listed at 210 lbs now) and let him work the boards. Better the portal.

I'll repeat again (in the spirit of beating the proverbial dead horse), Burford is our leading scorer 2 years running, and while in part that reflects how short we are on scoring talent, still I can't see running off our leading returning scorer.

My hunch is Kasubke is a "great" practice player, but can't get the job done in a college game situation. His HS stats are very nice, but he's never shown the ability to do it like that in college. I agree he might not be a "good" investment. Lieb, tall guy. Otherwise?

Aggie

Nothing against any current player but in this day and age you should be looking for every upgrade you can. Another wide body rebounder, another strong wide wingspan defender, a coupler pure scorers. Current roster had ISUr in the bottom half of the valley. Everyone should be upgradable. There are going to be a tremendous amount of players n the portal. ISU needs to go shopping/recruiting and see what we can get. With the portal you are building for next year, and possibly next year only. Then the next year you reload, rebuild. The players are out there, find them and sign them. End the dance drought now.

Dmills

Daugherty I don't think is a PF - 6'7, 195-200 lbs, 3 point shooter. He's a "small forward" in the old terminology, a wing. We really need a portal pickup to fill the PF role, or beef Pence up some (he's listed at 210 lbs now) and let him work the boards. Better the portal.

I'll repeat again (in the spirit of beating the proverbial dead horse), Burford is our leading scorer 2 years running, and while in part that reflects how short we are on scoring talent, still I can't see running off our leading returning scorer.

My hunch is Kasubke is a "great" practice player, but can't get the job done in a college game situation. His HS stats are very nice, but he's never shown the ability to do it like that in college. I agree he might not be a "good" investment. Lieb, tall guy. Otherwise?
ISU has Daugherty listed at 6'8". I see him a stretch 4. I don't know if he has the lateral athleticism to really be considered a 3. I'm sure he could play it if needed. I'm hoping he can be a better and healthier Taylor Bruninga. I think he has better ball skills than Bruninga so probably a little more versatile.

redbirds2000

Burford won't be back.

redbirdron1

I’d have mixed feelings about losing Darius - he’s definitely not my first or second guy on the roster to replace.
He’s a real gentleman- I had the feeling he really like Pedon but the dynamics of the team changed when he missed time w/injury.

Top Bottom