vs #10 Evansville - 2024 MVC Tournament First Round - Thursday, 3/7/2024 - 6 pm - Bally Sports

Manchester Matt

Humrichous didn't play yesterday. While it was a meaningless game in the grand scheme of things for UE, he did struggle in his previous two games.

He was 3 for 12 (0 for 2 from three) against SIU and 3 for 9 (1 for 3) against Indiana State.

fdbird83

vs #10 UE @ Enterprise Center, St. Louis

TV: ESPN+/Bally Sports/NBC Sports Chicago

Radio: Varsity Network (WJBC)

History vs Evansville
I was just looking at my Directv guide and NBC Sports Chicago is not carrying the games on Thursday. They have a Brewers/White Sox game on in the afternoon and Bulls game on in the evening. They are carrying all of the games on Friday.
Bally Sports Midwest has all of the games both days.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I was just looking at my Directv guide and NBC Sports Chicago is not carrying the games on Thursday. They have a Brewers/White Sox game on in the afternoon and Bulls game on in the evening. They are carrying all of the games on Friday.
Thanks. Which means I can't watch it. I don't think Youtube TV has bally sports?

cpacmel

Check the NBC Sports Chicago + channel.

Comast is showing all the Thursday games on +

BirdsEyeView

Humrichous didn't play yesterday. While it was a meaningless game in the grand scheme of things for UE, he did struggle in his previous two games.

He was 3 for 12 (0 for 2 from three) against SIU and 3 for 9 (1 for 3) against Indiana State.

Do we know the extent of his injury? He is their best player.

fdbird83

Check the NBC Sports Chicago + channel.

Comast is showing all the Thursday games on +
665 on Directv is the NBC Sports Chicago. they have 665-1 and 665-2 and they just say to be announced.

Manchester Matt

Do we know the extent of his injury? He is their best player.
Evansville fan on MVCFans said he hasn't fully recovered from rhe foot injury that forced him to miss a bunch of games. Guess we shall see how effective he is Thursday night.

Adunk33

Staff member
Evansville fan on MVCFans said he hasn't fully recovered from rhe foot injury that forced him to miss a bunch of games. Guess we shall see how effective he is Thursday night.
They purposely held him out on Sunday to rest him to "hopefully" play four games in four days.

Regarding where to watch, it's being promoted that Thursday and Friday will be on ESPN+ as well. Though, I don't know about any black out restrictions.

Redbird60451

665 on Directv is the NBC Sports Chicago. they have 665-1 and 665-2 and they just say to be announced.
The Old Bill Wirtz rule. Don't show the games so you have to buy a ticket. And WJBC has been told they can't start broadcasting on the radio till after the first third of the game is over. haha I'm just kidding. I'm sure direct tv just didn't update their calendar. But you may want to look into one of those boxes they were talking about on AM 1000 or Score 670, the one where you can get every channel from everywhere. A little bit of an outlay to start, but could come in handy if you follow more than just your local teams and what they show on national TV. Just doesn't replace ESPN, but it does get you every bally network.

ISU86

What we know is our conference results were all over the place:

0-2 vs #2 Drake, #3 Bradley, #6 Southern Illinois, #12 Valparaiso
1-1 vs #5 Belmont, #10 Evansville, #11 Illinois-Chicago
1-0 vs #1 Indiana State, #4 Northern Iowa
2-0 vs #8 Murray State, #9 Missouri State

Finishing #7 put us inside the top eight, which was part of my measuring stick for improvement (despite how erratic the games were) from season one through season two; the second part was to still be playing on Friday.

Purple Aces 69
Redbirds 70

Adunk33

Staff member
PSA- Coach's show is at 6 tonight, not it's normal time of 7 for those interested in hearing coach speak prior to the UE game. In his earlier teleconference this morning, it didn't seem like had moved on from yesterday's disappointment.

SgtHulka

PSA- Coach's show is at 6 tonight, not it's normal time of 7 for those interested in hearing coach speak prior to the UE game. In his earlier teleconference this morning, it didn't seem like had moved on from yesterday's disappointment.
Someone ask him his fouls to give perspective

Our aces were split this year. I like our chances in this one

Birdman

The Old Bill Wirtz rule. Don't show the games so you have to buy a ticket. And WJBC has been told they can't start broadcasting on the radio till after the first third of the game is over. haha I'm just kidding. I'm sure direct tv just didn't update their calendar. But you may want to look into one of those boxes they were talking about on AM 1000 or Score 670, the one where you can get every channel from everywhere. A little bit of an outlay to start, but could come in handy if you follow more than just your local teams and what they show on national TV. Just doesn't replace ESPN, but it does get you every bally network.
Oh wow I remember this. They used to bus kids in and give free tickets to UIC students in those years so it didn’t look so bad on the opposing broadcast.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
They purposely held him out on Sunday to rest him to "hopefully" play four games in four days.

Regarding where to watch, it's being promoted that Thursday and Friday will be on ESPN+ as well. Though, I don't know about any black out restrictions.
It's on ESPN+ but only in the MVC states. So if you live outside of the midwest, too bad.

Top Bottom