at Valparaiso (2-17) - Sunday, 3/3/2024 - 1 pm - ESPN+

Redbird82

Inexplicable, we have won 4 of 5 including 2 top teams Valpo has lost 11 in a row. Yet they look better than Indiana state

Sladerunningbear

I can’t believe Johnny the Kid will score 42 points in the second half. Amazing! What is the record?

Tired of it.

Spread it.

Dmills

We are 2-3 against the bottom 3 teams in the conference. If we lose today, we will drop to 2-4.

Reggie Redbird

If this second half team played all game, we’d be up a bit. At least we have a chance in this one. Crucial defensive stand here.

Having Lieb back gives us another post option for StL, especially if we have a chance to play multiple games.

With how we have done against the bottom of the MVC, I’d rather play a tougher team.

RedbirdFanatic32

Quite the mystery as to why they have our number like they do. Regardless, root for the trees, and lock up the 7th seed, and on to St. Louis

Redbird82

Just unreal, they looked like INSU against us, we took the lead and they kept responding like any great 3-17 team🙄

Hamdonger

Can we handle success? It's the question I've been thinking about all week. Meaning...we're playing well, things are trending up...but handling success means winning the games you're supposed to win.

Today absolutely tells us we're not ready yet. It's the sign of an immature team.

See ya Thursday.

Last edited:

cubird

Valpo defended our 3 attempt at the end very well. No matter the action the perimeter defenders never left the 3 point line. Banks played well down the stretch and hit the bonus fts. Poindexter is a big time weapon when he dribbles to his spot and raises up to shoot the 3. Thought the refs late let Valpo put 2 hands in the back to get offensive rbs. KLewis plays hard!

Hamdonger

We are 2-3 against the bottom 3 teams in the conference. If we lose today, we will drop to 2-4.
Indicator of who we are. We can win a few games down south. But...will we? I'm hopeful, not confident whatsoever.

DougSutton

Valpo is such a difficult place to recruit to. I give Roger credit for coaching his kids up in the games against us. I know he really wanted the Illinois State job and my sense is that he's more hyper focused coaching against us because of that.

Another contributing factor to this loss could very well be a mental break our kids took. Having won 4 out of 5 and then going to play the worst team in the Valley, they may not have had the focus as other previous games. Not a great way to end the season but hopefully we can bounce back to the form we were in prior to this game. If we're going to have a bad game toward the end of the season, as many teams do, I'm glad it happened now.

jnolan52

Valpo is such a difficult place to recruit to. I give Roger credit for coaching his kids up in the games against us. I know he really wanted the Illinois State job and my sense is that he's more hyper focused coaching against us because of that.

Another contributing factor to this loss could very well be a mental break our kids took. Having won 4 out of 5 and then going to play the worst team in the Valley, they may not have had the focus as other previous games. Not a great way to end the season but hopefully we can bounce back to the form we were in prior to this game. If we're going to have a bad game toward the end of the season, as many teams do, I'm glad it happened now.
This time of year you can’t afford to have a bad game specially against the last place team.

DBird

Roger wasnt the coach in all those other games we crapped ourself in the previous years.

Bdub777

Yeah, we were asleep in the first half. Lost this game on the boards and 50/50 balls. That should not happen this time of year. Hope they learn from it. Glad the shooting was good overall despite a subpar effort by JK. Turn the page and do better in St. Louis.

Top Bottom