@Evansville - Saturday 1/27/2024 - 1 pm - ESPN+

RedbirdSoxFan

Johnny Walker would seem an appropriate sponsor for this team.

When Sox is getting cranky, either he's out of Ensure or The Birds are struggling. Lewis at least got 11 boards
I think he got three offensive rebounds on his own missed shots on the same possession (and still didn’t get the basket).
I need to put on a replay of a White Sox game so I can transfer my frustration away from the Redbirds.

SgtHulka

I think he got three offensive rebounds on his own missed shots on the same possession (and still didn’t get the basket).
I need to put on a replay of a White Sox game so I can transfer my frustration away from the Redbirds.
Valid point. I admittedly watched only 10 minutes of the first half. Planned to watch the replay if we won. Too nice out, here in Texarkana, to be inside in the afternoon, and a honey do list like a CVS reciept. To pain adverse to watch more futility from distance knowing what else I could do with that 2 hours. Girls team is rocking now, with a Birds Fly Upside Down Over Iowa sweep. Need to watch more of them.

redbirds2000

Indiana State hit three in a row down the stretch at the end Bradley was 2 for 3. When Indiana State needed the big 3 pointer they hit it
Bradley shoots 50% from the field and 48% from 3. And it's still not good enough! How far away are we??

B

BirdGrad2011

We needed Lewis, Kasubke, Poindexter to be leaders. Kendall might be having the worst year of his career. Kasubke and Poindexter have massively regressed. Kasubke at least plays defense. I’m not sure Malachi adds a single thing when his shot is off and it’s been off 90% of the season.

SlackBooDom

I decided not to post for a bit because I was tired of being the “negative guy” around the clock. I haven’t decided if I will post again because I’m not sure it is really worthwhile. I said last year Pence wouldn’t be ready. I said last year we weren’t building anything sustainable to plug more talent in. I said before the year we weren’t going to magically improve. I said we have the worst guards and wings in the conference. I said Kendall Lewis wasn’t an all-MVC player. I said we don’t have complete enough basketball players and the stats reflect that. I said we shoot too many 3’s with players who aren’t capable. At some point, I didn’t enjoy being right. I will watch. I might pop in here or there. For now it’s just more of “I told you so” and the numbers back it up. Painful year in a long running stretch of them.

gobirds85

Watching Indiana State and Bradley game. Pressure packed 3 pointer after 3 pointer. Bradley missed a couple but ISU red no where near these two teams.

Incredibly exciting game with great play on both ends. We don’t stand a chance.

Redbird82

Incredibly exciting game with great play on both ends. We don’t stand a chance.
watched the 2nd half and OT, fantastic game. We don’t look like we belong in the same league.
I know this isn’t the women’s page, but they were 10-20 from 3, the guys couldn’t do that in a gym by themselves. They had assists on 60% of their baskets. Watching us against Evansville was just depressing especially after a couple games of shooting decent. i am just down I know but I feel like there isn’t much hope for next year either

Redbird222

Yep but you've got to look deeper. WHY aren't we hitting shots?? 222....chime in.
Sorry I wasn't able to see today's game. I am thinking this smells a lot like the Valpo game when I see we shot 3 airballs in the first half and the 3 point stats.

dpdoughbird06

Valid point. I admittedly watched only 10 minutes of the first half. Planned to watch the replay if we won. Too nice out, here in Texarkana, to be inside in the afternoon, and a honey do list like a CVS reciept. To pain adverse to watch more futility from distance knowing what else I could do with that 2 hours. Girls team is rocking now, with a Birds Fly Upside Down Over Iowa sweep. Need to watch more of them.
I cleaned my basement (it was in dire need and I got on a roll) and emerged to a text from a friend: “Embarrassing…” was all it said.

gobirds85

Indy St is 18-3 and just had a thrilling OT win in front of 8300 noisy fans at Hulman. Yes, I'm envious. It was fun when that kinda stuff happened here.

Being on ESPNU was a plus for the Valley because of the exposure, but also because it was a great game. ISU blue looked really good. And a slight tip of the hat to bu. We have 3-4 teams in this conference that should get some post season love but I doubt that will happen.

The Beak

Being on ESPNU was a plus for the Valley because of the exposure, but also because it was a great game. ISU blue looked really good. And a slight tip of the hat to bu. We have 3-4 teams in this conference that should get some post season love but I doubt that will happen.

This. We're going nowhere this year. Play the freshman. Chase obviously brings offensive skills to the table, defense a work in progress, no need to sit him for long stretches other than foul trouble. We know Johnny has game, Let's see if Pence has some. Not going to find out by sitting him. I have come around to - this year is all about next year.

Redbirdfan06

We needed Lewis, Kasubke, Poindexter to be leaders. Kendall might be having the worst year of his career. Kasubke and Poindexter have massively regressed. Kasubke at least plays defense. I’m not sure Malachi adds a single thing when his shot is off and it’s been off 90% of the season.
Lewis, Kasubke, Banks and Poindexter in yesterday’s game:

97 minutes total
6 points (all from the line)
0-18 from the field
0-13 from 3
1 assist

Minus Lewis, this could be part of your core on next years team unless there are major roster shakeups.

Top Bottom