@Evansville - Saturday 1/27/2024 - 1 pm - ESPN+

RedbirdSoxFan

I think if Pedon can find guys that can make an immediate impact from the portal, then we should replace.

Do we want a better team or a team that is loyal to retaining middling talent?
Didn’t Pedon think these guys were going to make an immediate impact when he recruited them?

Bird Friend

Don't understand down the stretch why Coach plays Chase and Foster in the game at the same time. Foster does not need to be on the permeter.
Well . . . cuz KLew hasn't done much, and the team seems to be playing better with the two of them on the floor. Going with the hot hands, so to speak . . .

Chase and Kinziger kept the Birds in it, otherwise they lose handily instead of just losing.

Redbirdfan06

Didn’t Pedon think these guys were going to make an immediate impact when he recruited them?
Yeah, probably so. But we have guys that have been in the program for 2 years and have regressed? Do you really think they are all of a sudden put it together in year 3?

DoubleDeuce

Well . . . cuz KLew hasn't done much, and the team seems to be playing better with the two of them on the floor. Going with the hot hands, so to speak . . .

Chase and Kinziger kept the Birds in it, otherwise they lose handily instead of just losing.
Let's not forget Burford and Foster in the first half. They sort of helped.

Dmills

Foster
Burford
Banks
Poindexter
Kasubke
Davis
Lieb
These are all Pedon recruits. I don’t see him running them off. They have all transferred at least once already, so not sure if they would have to sit a year if they transferred again.

Lewis (out of eligibility)
Schmitt (out of eligibility)
Sissoko (no reason for Pedon to waste a scholarship on him)
I'd assume most that you listed could grad transfer. A guy like Lieb may have grad transferred once already though.

cubird

Left Kinziger out to dry on his shot where he walked. Nobody made themselves available for a pass. Wonder if Coach called that play or was that a scramble. Banks gave us nothing on offense except over dribbling at times. Obviously, we were hurt by not having Davis. However, we were playing Evansville. This ain't a Marty Simmons team....

Dmills

Left Kinziger out to dry on his shot where he walked. Nobody made themselves available for a pass. Wonder if Coach called that play or was that a scramble. Banks gave us nothing on offense except over dribbling at times. Obviously, we were hurt by not having Davis. However, we were playing Evansville. This ain't a Marty Simmons team....
I think the play was to look inside for Chase. He was double teamed with nowhere to go. A timeout should've been called then if not sooner.

WoodlandWarrior

I think the play was to look inside for Chase. He was double teamed with nowhere to go. A timeout should've been called then if not sooner.
We need to watch Lincoln Lady Railer games to truly appreciate offensive prowess.

ISUalum19

This is the first time im feeling confident in a few weeks so that should mean we are due for a letdown. HOWEVER,

Here's to hoping we have turned a corner in the last two games with shooting the ball.

ISU 71 - UE 62
Should’ve trusted my gut

Phantom

Yet another game we win if we shoot just a tick better than absolute abhorrent embarrassing dogshit. Couldn't hit a shot if the hoop was 50 feet wide.

Birdswin

That was just painful for the most part. Burford and Foster remain scorers, and it is clear Johnny and Walker need to be on the floor. Luke gives us nothing. Lewis is not helping much - getting lost on defense, and gives almost nothing on offense. Banks was very disappointing today - his first half of the season was good - now, nothing except a LOT of dribbling. He is in danger of getting the nickname of Sippy Cup - always dribbling.

Redbirdfan06

That was just painful for the most part. Burford and Foster remain scorers, and it is clear Johnny and Walker need to be on the floor. Luke gives us nothing. Lewis is not helping much - getting lost on defense, and gives almost nothing on offense. Banks was very disappointing today - his first half of the season was good - now, nothing except a LOT of dribbling. He is in danger of getting the nickname of Sippy Cup - always dribbling.
Banks would be great in a role where he gets 15 minutes of PT a game. Once we have gotten into Valley play, you really start to see his limitations with 30+ minutes a night. The problem is Pedon doesn’t trust anyone else so we are stuck with 20 seconds of banks possessions dribbling in circles.

KingO

Kinziger, Davis (when healthy), burford, Walker and foster. They should be starting and playing heavy minutes. Losing patience with Pedon at this point. Even marginal improvements would be acceptable for me at this point. But we seem to be regressing. For most of my life I've watched/listened to every game, pre and post show, coaches show. Now I can barely bring myself to watch games.

Birdfriend72

I think if Pedon can find guys that can make an immediate impact from the portal, then we should replace.

Do we want a better team or a team that is loyal to retaining middling talent?
The problem is most kids from the portal know where they are headed or have hardly any stats. Their playing time is minimal. I would go after jucos or freshman.

Top Bottom