@Wisconsin - WNIT Super 16 - Thursday, 3/28/2024 - 7 pm - B1G+

cpacmel

That’s a bummer, USI got a home game against Wisconsin, why should we not have the home game?

I don't know how they figure out home games. Probably bidding on it.

Wisconsin did average 4.200 during the season. They haven't hosted at this WNIT.

USI drew 3200 for their game with Wisky. We had 1500 for our game with CoC.

MadBird

As a UW donor, got an email about Thursday tickets. Tickets through UW Ticket Office go on sale to the general public at 3pm today.

Assuming the gym is set up as it is for regular games, the visitor bench would be in front of Section 121. Sit there or adjacent sections to be behind the team, sit sections 108-110 to be across from/face the bench.

It looks like courtside lower bowl tickets are reserved, everything else is general admission. $11 for reserved and $8 general, it looks like to me.

Birdswin

I remember taking the trip up to Madison for the men’s NIT back in 1996. If I recall correctly we had nine buses. What a great trip. Great game and great showing by the Redbird fan base.
You are correct - I was on one of those buses. The badgers played in an old barn for a Fieldhouse back then. It was glorious - the Birds took to them - 77-62. Watkins and Hansell had excellent games.

RedbirdSoxFan

You are correct - I was on one of those buses. The badgers played in an old barn for a Fieldhouse back then. It was glorious - the Birds took to them - 77-62. Watkins and Hansell had excellent games.
I was also on one of those buses. What a loud crowd we had in the upper bowl behind the basket.

Cindy00

As a UW donor, got an email about Thursday tickets. Tickets through UW Ticket Office go on sale to the general public at 3pm today.

Assuming the gym is set up as it is for regular games, the visitor bench would be in front of Section 121. Sit there or adjacent sections to be behind the team, sit sections 108-110 to be across from/face the bench.

It looks like courtside lower bowl tickets are reserved, everything else is general admission. $11 for reserved and $8 general, it looks like to me.
From an email from ISU Athletics:

Recommended Seating Location - Sections 121, 122, 123 are available sections close to or behind the Redbird bench. Tickets purchased in this section are reserved seats. Fans can also purchase tickets in 120 with general admission seating.

They aren't doing a fan bus. it is becoming harder and harder to find busses at last minute (and drivers). My husband and I will be there. Gives us a good reason to visit Madison.

Cindy00

MadBird - Are you planning on going to the game?

Cindy00

We're still up in the air but leaning toward going.
We'll be in Section 122, Row M. Hoping to get up there in time to have a quick drink at Dotty Dumplings or Vintage. Staying at the Best Western on the Square that night.

MadBird

We'll be in Section 122, Row M. Hoping to get up there in time to have a quick drink at Dotty Dumplings or Vintage. Staying at the Best Western on the Square that night.
I know you know your way around Madison. There's a nice bar right across the street from the hotel, Genna's. Long time place, good cocktails and decent craft beer list on tap.

Cindy00

I know you know your way around Madison. There's a nice bar right across the street from the hotel, Genna's. Long time place, good cocktails and decent craft beer list on tap.
Haven't been there in awhile, might have to make it one of our stops. We are staying until Saturday so have some time on Friday to hit up some of our favorites.

MadBird

Hopefully not behind a paywall. Giving the Redbirds a fair amount of respect. Which is nice.

Last game I saw UW vs. ISU, 2021, the Redbird ladies were just "out-physicaled". UW ladies were bigger, stronger, faster. Even tho, at that time, they were an awful Big 10+ team. But ISU won last year, and both teams return most of their lineup EXCEPT we lost a huge contributor, Paige Robinson. Let's have high hopes tomorrow.

MadBird

Not really a very good showing for our team. 10th place Big 10+, losing conference record and losing regular season record takes down the Valley's 5th place team with a 13-7 conference record and 22-12 season record. Beat them bad.

I don't see live women's hoops very much, the last game I saw before last night was the same matchup same location 2 years ago, so my perspective is limited . I came away with the same picture - we don't matchup very well against a bottom level Big 10+ team physically. They were bigger/stronger than us. To some degree Dowell especially and Smith had some quicks on some of their opponents, but mostly our ladies were just overpowered. And not just UW's "big" center, but all across the board, they moved with a power and authority for the most part we couldn't match.

Sitting there I felt like Deanna was having a poor game, but in the end she had some solid stats. She left a lot of points "on the floor" tho with some sloppy shots around the hoop. Not enough to have won the game considering the final score, but might have changed the momentum if she'd hit some of those "bunnies" early. She's got some nice moves around the hoop tho.

I was thinking Bullman would have to come in big for us to have a chance, and she only got 3 shots all night. Waite was not a factor. Aalsma didn't play - not sure how much difference she'd have made, but she might have been able to defend the one Badger who really killed on the perimeter, Copeland. We were 3 of 18 from 3 point range, Badgers were 9-19.

Stat that caught my eye - ISU shooting percentages by quarter: 1st-46.7%, 2nd-41.7%, 3rd-35.3%, 4th-25%. Just kept getting worse.

Cindy, I apologize for not trying to find you, I had it in my mind you were in Section 121 in row M, and the only woman I saw in that row was the lady wearing the funky rubber Redbird hat, and I knew that wasn't you!

Top Bottom