Wheels... Falling... Off... (And I love it)

Retire 12

Austin Reaves is leaving Wichita.
Shamet has declared for the draft.
6 graduating seniors including Brown, Kelly, Shaq, and DUI Frankamp
Prized recruit Lomax backs out

Couldn't beat Cincinnati or Houston for the conference title despite their "best team ever"

Coming off an embarrassing loss to a 13 seed in the tourney..

What a glorious offseason.

bombay

Sub .500 team coming right up. marshall kind of got exposed without Jans. He should get while the gettins' good.

BirdsEyeView

Retire 12 said:
Austin Reaves is leaving Wichita.
Shamet has declared for the draft.
6 graduating seniors including Brown, Kelly, Shaq, and DUI Frankamp
Prized recruit Lomax backs out

Couldn't beat Cincinnati or Houston for the conference title despite their "best team ever"

Coming off an embarrassing loss to a 13 seed in the tourney..

What a glorious offseason.

That fan base deserves this. 11 players gone for next year (6 were graduates). Are they going to regress back to the mean, but in a harder conference?

Redbirdfan21

Pardon my laziness on not looking this up myself, but anyone know what the recruiting class looks like after Lomax decommitted?

BirdsEyeView

Redbirdfan21 said:
Pardon my laziness on not looking this up myself, but anyone know what the recruiting class looks like after Lomax decommitted?

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/wichita-state

Adunk33

Staff member
Speaking of the devil.... http://amp.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article209311699.html

Greggggg was at a meeting with our new recruit, Ndiaye right after Muller. This makes me want him even more!

bombay

It's gratifying to see those idiots sobbing uncontrollably on their sad little forum.

Redbird222

Icing on the cake would be the Big 12 taking a couple of teams or Connecticut defecting to a league out east. Maybe the fun can be spread and that will happen next year.

BTbird

I mean, If we are going to pile on...

Hidden ball trick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbOO8rxAHAY

Redbirdwarrior

Guys, Wichita St is going to be... bad this year. Like... not good. Like... wouldn't be in the top half of the Valley not good.

Love it.

Retire 12

That hidden ball trick reminds me of their fan base... easily fooled and suddenly everything comes crashing down.

They STUNK recently, and will return to form eventually. Hope they enjoyed their time at the top, because this fall is going to be hard.

Hamdonger

Redbirdwarrior said:
Guys, Wichita St is going to be... bad this year. Like... not good. Like... wouldn't be in the top half of the Valley not good.

Love it.

I don't think they're going to be bad.

Manchester Matt

Humdinger said:
Redbirdwarrior said:

Love it.

I don't think they're going to be bad.

Well they currently have four scholarship players so kinda tough to say they’ll be good unless they sign a massive haul in the next few weeks.

bombay

Yeah, with one returning player, they won't be bad. They'll be well beyond bad. 7 or 8 wins depending on the number of patsies on the schedule. With luck, they only decline further.

bombay

Yeah, with one returning player, they won't be bad. They'll be well beyond bad. 7 or 8 wins depending on the number of patsies on the schedule. With luck, they only decline further.

StLRedbird

What comes around, goes around, doesn't it? My heart really goes out to those lovable shocker fans.

Redbirdwarrior

bombay said:

Agreed. Marshall has gotten used to leaning on his stack of 3.5-4 star players for the last 3 years or so to carry him. Well, they kinda went all in on last year's crop and had this season sitting on the shoulders of McDuffie. When he went pro it kinda became the perfect storm of bad timing.

If Marshall does this right, he will spend the next 2 seasons getting beaten to death, but attracting as many studs a possible for the 2020-2021 season. But will one of the highest paid coaches in the country be given the leeway to have 2 straight losing seasons? There lies your problem. Dude is making a KILLING and is now in a league with lots of tough teams and high expectations, regardless of situation. I have WSU nowhere near the T100 this upcoming year and almost def missing all post season action. Will the fan base understand that?

We have come to terms with that in Normal, but Wichita might be a lil spoiled.

Bird Friend

I don’t think I would ever count Gregg Marshall out. Not a fan of his at all, but respect what he has accomplished.

Top Bottom