What is estimated MVC take for Tourney (Thank You LU)

topiarydan

Any ideas on what the take is for the MVC for LUs success in tourney so far?

Assuming its a 10 way split among the teams (less of course the Elgin tax)

SgtHulka

without looking it up, there was an article in the Pantagraph a few days ago. For getting to the sweet 16 the conference take was going to be either 2.3 or 2.6 million, can't recall exactly

cpacmel

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/976990127389069313?s=12

Hamdonger

cpacmel said:
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/976990127389069313?s=12

Hit diggity dog! I believe the department should invest it into free calzones at Redbird basketball games.

Redbirdwarrior

WOW. $650,000 to ISU for Loyola making the Elite 8?! BEAT K-STATE! We would really like to get some new seats in RBA :)

10kinmidwest

Redbirdwarrior said:
WOW. $650,000 to ISU for Loyola making the Elite 8?! BEAT K-STATE! We would really like to get some new seats in RBA :)

Those crazy passionate fans I've met in real life should get the first set of any upgraded seats that would come. By the end of the payoff period either the gray hairs will have learned to stand up and get loud or.....you get what I'm going

Buffett

With out those Grey Hairs" you'd walk in the north entrance with out a statue and the men would still be in the old crap locker room. May wanna cut em a break

Redbirdwarrior

Wasn't my plan to get back into the standing vs sitting quietly eating hard candy during a tie game crowd battle here. Just looking forward to having an extra $125K/yr in income each year for the next 5 years coming in. We have some projects that could use it.

DBird

10kinmidwest said:
Redbirdwarrior said:

Those crazy passionate fans I've met in real life should get the first set of any upgraded seats that would come. By the end of the payoff period either the gray hairs will have learned to stand up and get loud or.....you get what I'm going
One of those Grey hairs is me! I wonder if I meet your approval... :roll:

10kinmidwest

DBird said:
10kinmidwest said:
Redbirdwarrior said:

One of those Grey hairs is me! I wonder if I meet your approval... :roll:

Honestly it doesn't matter if I do, big picture I don't matter. It was truly a little bit of Friday humor and more a nod to some great fans that I truly had the pleasure of watching up close and from a distance over the last few years. I'll be leaving the area in the next two weeks and hope that those passionate fans only grow because they truly deserve some bright spots for all they've been through as fans. Many of them have never experienced material success from the program they love, yet they keep coming back.

Bird Friend

Redbirdwarrior said:

Not quite. I believe Loyola gets 2 shares and the rest 1. So divide it by 11, not 10.

SgtHulka

Bird Friend said:
Redbirdwarrior said:

Not quite. I believe Loyola gets 2 shares and the rest 1. So divide it by 11, not 10.

Correct

IHateWSU

Does the NCAA pay the MVC and then they pay out the conference? If that is the case, (and if it takes 5 years to pay out like this year) what do we do with Wichita's share for the next 4 years? Hopefully split it 10 ways with no money going to to the Shox.

Birdswin

If memory serves me correctly - as part of leaving the conference in such a fast manner, all funds to the conference from their NCAA appearances stay with the MVC. So the conference is still receiving funds from the Final Four appearance.

Tpguy

Quinn just sent me a PM that he is matching the tournament money to ISU

Bird Friend

Tpguy said:
Quinn just sent me a PM that he is matching the tournament money to ISU

Hey. That money was supposed to go to the RBF.net Veteran Posters Benevolent Fund.

Top Bottom