Welcome Walter Offutt

Dmills

At a quick glance, he is already followed by John Putryski and Jayden Johnson as well as players we have offered in Brian Moore, Ethan Kizer, Ty Pence, Braden Pierce and Cade Phillips. Former ISU player and Video Coordinator at SMU (who just lost Coach Jank yesterday) follows Offutt as well as Pedon.

Toledo's website gives him credit for helping land Chattanooga a top 100 recruiting class in 2018. Toledo has been good lately, seems like a solid hire.

Played college ball at Ohio State and Ohio. Previously a graduate assistant at Illinois and director of basketball operations at Ball State.

Played high school ball in Indianapolis

Last edited:

Adunk33

Staff member
Spent three years at Toledo. Prior to that, the Indianapolis native spent 2 years at Chattanooga, where he helped manufacture a top 100 recruiting class. That class included 2018-19 Southern Conference Freshman of the Year Kevin Easley, who was an ESPN Four-Star recruit and tabbed as the No. 6 prep forward in Indiana and No. 35 forward in national recruiting rankings.

Before Chattanooga, he was a DOBO at Ball State and a GA at Illannoy.

Played college ball at Ohio where he helped the Bobcats to a Sweet 16 run in 2012 where he scored 26 points in a loss to UNC before being named to the All-Midwest region team. Played 2 years at Ohio State before transferring to Ohio.

Bird Friend

At a quick glance, he is already followed by John Putryski and Jayden Johnson as well as players we have offered in Brian Moore, Ethan Kizer, Ty Pence, Braden Pierce and Cade Phillips. Former ISU player and Video Coordinator at SMU (who just lost Coach Jank yesterday) follows Offutt as well as Pedon.

Toledo's website gives him credit for helping land Chattanooga a top 100 recruiting class in 2018. Toledo has been good lately, seems like a solid hire.

Played college ball at Ohio State and Ohio. Previously a graduate assistant at Illinois and director of basketball operations at Ball State.

Played high school ball in Indianapolis
FWIW, Coach Johnson is following Coach Pedon now.

jwa123

Someone with Indiana recruiting experience. It’s like a return to the Donewald years.

DoubleDeuce

Spent three years at Toledo. Prior to that, the Indianapolis native spent 2 years at Chattanooga, where he helped manufacture a top 100 recruiting class. That class included 2018-19 Southern Conference Freshman of the Year Kevin Easley, who was an ESPN Four-Star recruit and tabbed as the No. 6 prep forward in Indiana and No. 35 forward in national recruiting rankings.

Before Chattanooga, he was a DOBO at Ball State and a GA at Illannoy.

Played college ball at Ohio where he helped the Bobcats to a Sweet 16 run in 2012 where he scored 26 points in a loss to UNC before being named to the All-Midwest region team. Played 2 years at Ohio State before transferring to Ohio.
I think I remember the Redbirds losing to that Ohio team.

cubird

DJ would of been here if another recruit had not committed first. Can't remove recruit? I do remember he was no DJ Copper.

B

BirdGrad2011

DJ would of been here if another recruit had not committed first. Can't remove recruit? I do remember he was no DJ Copper.
Terry Johnson I think. Might have been Kenyon Smith. Neither worked out.