vs Valpo (4/5-4/7) - ESPN+

Dmills

The 2nd place and 14-11 (4-2) Redbirds kick off the week with some in-state matchups. First up is 14-12 Illinois who beat Bradley and lost to Indiana State. Next up is 9-19 SIUE. They have losses to SLU, ISU, SIU, and UIC while they have wins over UIC and Evansville. This is a rematch of the Redbird's home opener - a 14 to 3 thrashing. To close out the week, the Redbirds will face the 7th place and 10-16 (2-4) Beacons. Valpo was swept by SIU before taking 2 out of 3 against Bradley. They also lost to Vanderbilt 3-2.

Is 4 out of 5 too much to ask? Expectations are mounting with ISU on a 4 game winning streak as well as being winners of 9 of last their 12. Let's take care of business against Illinois and Co. this week. A top 4 seed would give us a Tuesday bye in the tournament.

4/5 - vs Valpo - 3 pm - ESPN+
4/6 - vs Valpo - 3 pm - ESPN+
4/7 - vs Valpo - 2:30 pm - ESPN+

Last edited:

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be shocked if they play today and maybe not tomorrow as well unless they aren't getting the rain in southern Illinois like we are here in BloNo.

Not to mention the temps are going to plummet.

Dmills

Hopefully they still get 4 games in this week.

Dmills

Let's have a good weekend. Weather looks good to play at least 2, probably all 3.

Phantom

Gotta take care of business at home this weekend ahead of a tough next weekend on the road at Evansville. We keep pace with Indy State that sets up an even bigger weekend home stand against them in a couple weeks. I'll be there on the 20th, should be a good one. But first things first w/Valpo.

Dmills

Gotta take care of business at home this weekend ahead of a tough next weekend on the road at Evansville. We keep pace with Indy State that sets up an even bigger weekend home stand against them in a couple weeks. I'll be there on the 20th, should be a good one. But first things first w/Valpo.
The 20th will be a great day for Redbird baseball. Stuff the Duff is always fun. Stuff the Duff with a potentially ranked opponent? Even better.

Dmills

Sokolove robbed Valpo of an extra base hit (nearly a home run) and then it was all Redbirds from there! Looking forward to tomorrow's game. I think I'll be making it out for my first of the season. The Birds look really good when the pitching stays under control. This team could make some noise in May.

Dmills

Chadwick 6 innings scoreless. Relatively quiet day at the ballpark. Lawrence 3 for 4, Sokolove 2 for 3, Pacella had the big 2 RBI single in the 3 run third.

Phantom

6 straight, and we got somethin' cookin now! Looking like a rainout today. Big series @UE next weekend with a couple noncons in between, including one in Champaign. Would be great to take 2/3 against the Aces and setup a huge homestand with Indy St.

Dmills

6 straight, and we got somethin' cookin now! Looking like a rainout today. Big series @UE next weekend with a couple noncons in between, including one in Champaign. Would be great to take 2/3 against the Aces and setup a huge homestand with Indy St.

Game is still on!

Dmills

Another great game! What a performance for the pitching staff. Perry with a D1 career high of 10 strikeouts. Lawrence extends his hitting streak to 14 games. First back to back series sweeps since April of 2019.

The Redbirds are now tied for 1st place with Indiana State. They are two games up on 3rd place. I was pretty optimistic heading into the season looking at the hitting depth, but I certainly did not anticipate starting 7-2 in conference. I hope this team plays with the chip on their shoulder that the 2019 team played with.

Top Bottom