vs UNI (9-7) - Wednesday, 2/21/2024 - 7 PM - ESPN+

Bird Friend

Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Adunk33

Staff member
UNI looked really good against Bradley yesterday @UNI. I still think the birds can pull this off at home.
Birds are better on the road this year. I think the outcome of this game would be the outcome regardless of where it is played.

Born vs Johnny should be a fun match up. Two freshmen getting after it.

Redbird28

Birds are better on the road this year. I think the outcome of this game would be the outcome regardless of where it is played.

Born vs Johnny should be a fun match up. Two freshmen getting after it.
Born is a junior, right?

Dmills

Born is a junior, right?
Bowen Born, the 2021 MVC freshman of the year, is a true freshman. (He is a senior with a remaining COVID year. Just a running MVC joke because UNI called him a freshman the year after he won freshman of the year.)

ISU86

Hope the hot shooting and working from the paint outward continues ...

Panthers 67
Redbirds 70

Birdswin

Reverse is important. I delivered calzones in a Saturn that had lost it and constantly had to get out and push my car around to escape college apartment parking lots.
Yes, context is always important. Reverse in sports is not the best. Being able to shift into Reverse with a vehicle is an important feature.

Birdswin

Now to shift gears on DPDough......saw this posted online elsewhere. The winning formula the past couple of games: Johnny K running the show at times, Myles putting people in Foster care in the paint, Kendall being Dennis Rodman on the boards, and Malachi drilling shots. Sounds solid to me. Plus, keep hustling and working hard on defense.

Baltimore Bird

We need to defend the 3 and the back cuts. ISU is much stronger inside (IMO) than UNI. We play like we have the past 2.5 games and we should come out on top. Was that a flash in the pan our who we now are? I look forward to watching this one. 3 W's in the last 4 and we are likely a 6 or 7 seed.

Phantom

Reverse is important. I delivered calzones in a Saturn that had lost it and constantly had to get out and push my car around to escape college apartment parking lots.
I remember once in Normal there was a period of about 3 days of rain that flooded everything followed by 3 days of brutal cold and snow. Both my front tires were frozen from the twin potholes I parked in in my great ol' SAMI apartment by Budget Liquors. After about 5 mins of rocking back & forth from reverse to drive I busted the ol 'Cavalier loose and ice skated back into a telephone pole, caving in my rear bumper. I wish I had no reverse that day.

Conversely, driving back the day of a game vs. Drake in '09 in a bad snowstorm, a flatbed jacknifed on 55 in front of me on the downside of a hill so I couldn't see him til I was on top of him. There was a car immediately to my left and another on my left quarter, so it was either plow into the truck and Sherrif who was on the scene, head to the right shoulder which was a wall of snow and ice, or try some daredevil bigwheel shit. So I threw the Cav in reverse (accidentally...was going for neutral) at about 50mph. Locked it right up. Thought I blew the transmission right out of the car. Immediately smelled smoked trans fluid and the loudest thud you should never hear while driving. In that case, I was glad to have reverse.

Limped it down for the game. We won. Good times. Also, the transmission was fine. Car lasted another 6 years.

TBS_20

If the birds win this I'll be impressed with how they didn't give up and came together. Maybe that ranked game really turned the tide. Kinzinger the star could be born.

Redbird Alum 2004

Someone to watch the rest of the year is Mal. Since the Bradley game he is shooting 53.8% from deep. He could be in the middle of a special run where he shoots his way back to his career 3 point percent. If that happens we are a much much better team.

Moreorless

Someone to watch the rest of the year is Mal. Since the Bradley game he is shooting 53.8% from deep. He could be in the middle of a special run where he shoots his way back to his career 3 point percent. If that happens we are a much much better team.
The ISU blue win have and hopefully will continue to carry over. JK is another to watch the rest of the way. He simply makes the team play better. His energy is contagious. Myles is beginning to figure out the double teams to and is now kicking it out to shooters.

Redbird28

The ISU blue win have and hopefully will continue to carry over. JK is another to watch the rest of the way. He simply makes the team play better. His energy is contagious. Myles is beginning to figure out the double teams to and is now kicking it out to shooters.

Not just to shooters - The pass to a cutting Lewis was also a tremendous post pass.

Off ball cutting with a purpose is an often overlooked, but critical, component to a well rounded offensive team. When players get rewarded for their effort they are likely to continue to do it so it was great to see Foster utilize his court vision like that.

Redbirdmike

Big game in the standings against a typically well coached team by Jacobson. They have given us fits over the years and we have been out-coached and outplayed. This is a good barometer game for us going into the Lou. Like to see Mal, Luke and Johnny stay hot. Also, Chase getting valuable minutes where he is full of energy and transitioning in to give our front court guys - Foster and Lewis a spell. We have to get more from Banks in terms of positioning the ball down low and not just dribbling in circles. Not sure of the status of Burford and Davis, but the “team” concept has been coming together the last few big wins. Keep the MO going at home!

Birds 71
N. Iowa 70

Go Birds!

Adunk33

Staff member
Not sure of the status of Burford and Davis, but the “team” concept has been coming together the last few big wins. Keep the MO going at home!
According to coach, Darius is "day to day." Pedon doesn't know if he'll play this week. He got out of his boot last week. Pedon mentioned he's going to spend a lot of time with Darius and Jordan to make sure their eventual returns are as seamless as possible. He wants them to know its not always who your playing with or winning with, its how you are playing. How we've played in the last 2.5 games has been remarkably better on offense. We're playing with an aggressiveness we didn't have earlier. The ball is moving a lot better. He wants them to see what been working and enhance it. No time to take a step back. It may have been a blessing that they've been on the side, seeing how successful the team has been.

Whenever healthy, Davis and Burford will need to assimilate back in and not rock the boat. Like Coach said, see what has been working and enhance it.

Based on Coach's comments on Monday's teleconference it doesn't sound like he's expecting Lieb to return this season.

Top Bottom