vs. San Diego State 12/1/18

Phantom

Alrighty, big show on Saturday. Hopefully the momentum from last night's emotional, gutsy, big win carries over. That's the type of win that is character building and can galvanize a team. I (and most of you) had been waiting for something to really jumpstart these guys and maybe last night's game was it. That was some ballsy, no-quit, team basketball.

Chastain getting banged up stings. He was playing hard and starting to flash. Hopefully Hein can go, as the bench is awfully short. Would like to see us finish the 1st half better and not rush so many possessions.

Get the W.

CaliRdBrd

Phantom said:
Alrighty, big show on Saturday. Hopefully the momentum from last night's emotional, gutsy, big win carries over. That's the type of win that is character building and can galvanize a team. I (and most of you) had been waiting for something to really jumpstart these guys and maybe last night's game was it. That was some ballsy, no-quit, team basketball.

Chastain getting banged up stings. He was playing hard and starting to flash. Hopefully Hein can go, as the bench is awfully short. Would like to see us finish the 1st half better and not rush so many possessions.

Get the W.

Agreed! Had little faith this team would pull through, especially with MY on the line.
Come to think of it, MY fouling out may be just what this team needed...prove they can win against a quality opponent when their main man is not there.
Win against SDSU and the tide of criticism will ebb, at least from me. Lose and we’re right back to square one.

Jsnhbe1Birds

Sometimes I think Milik is actually holding them back. They did a fine job without him. They also won games because of him so...

ChiRedbirdfan

Phantom said:

Get the W.
Chastain was just starting to settle in as a solid role player.

DannyCooksey

this is an opportunity for a very quality W. The team took advantage of the same type of opportunity last night.

hopefully they can do the same on Saturday.

ricohill

Big win last night. Hoping the momentum carries over. SDSU will be a different type of challenge for the Birds than BYU. They seem more like Georgia, long and athletic, which gave us problems. I haven't seen that much of them so I could be off.

Just looking at the numbers they are a better offensive rebounding team than BYU (not great, but neither was BYU going into the game last night).

Looks like they shoot the 3 pretty well at 39.1, which is good for 58th best percentage in the country. Must take a lot of them as well because they are 84th in 3pt shots taken.

bb fan

WE NEED TO STEM THE TIDE OF CRITICISM!!!! IT NEEDS TO EBB!!!!

Sooo... this massive tidal wave is what? 3 or 4 posters on Redbirdfan? Sheesh. What drama.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
SD state this season:

- Beat Texas Southern (who just won 18 Oregon) by 40
- Lost to Duke by 25
- Beat Xavier by 5
- Lost to Iowa St by 20

They seem to be a very up and down team.

#5 McDaniels leads them with 15 pts/game and 7 boards/game
#00 Watson gets 14.7/game
#11 Mitchell with 13/game
#20 Schakel with 10/game

Tpguy

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Sometimes I think Milik is actually holding them back. They did a fine job without him. They also won games because of him so...

WTF

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :naughty: :naughty: :snooty: :snooty: :think: :think: :think: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

Jsnhbe1Birds

Tpguy said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

WTF

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :naughty: :naughty: :snooty: :snooty: :think: :think: :think: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

What I'm trying to say is sometimes he seems to hurt them and sometimes its only because of him. need to find a happy balance and last night might have been it.

Retire 12

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Tpguy said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

WTF

What I'm trying to say is sometimes he seems to hurt them and sometimes its only because of him. need to find a happy balance and last night might have been it.

He needs to be on the floor as much as humanly possible. To argue anything else.... :think:

ricohill

Retire 12 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Tpguy said:
WTF

He needs to be on the floor as much as humanly possible. To argue anything else.... :think:

The one thing I think we could do better is have Jefferson and Copeland handle the ball more and find ways to get the ball to Milik where he can dribble less. At some point his turnovers will hurt us.

Retire 12

Absolutely. With the guards we have, he needs to be the second on the ball, not the first.

Jsnhbe1Birds

ricohill said:
Retire 12 said:
Jsnhbe1Birds said:

The one thing I think we could do better is have Jefferson and Copeland handle the ball more and find ways to get the ball to Milik where he can dribble less. At some point his turnovers will hurt us.
very true. hes not a great passer either which means he shouldn't be running the offense. on two consecutive possessions twice this season, one time being last night in the first half, he threw the ball out of bounds on a pass back to back

Jsnhbe1Birds

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
ricohill said:
Retire 12 said:

very true. hes not a great passer either which means he shouldn't be running the offense. on two consecutive possessions twice this season, one of them being last night, he threw the ball out of bounds on a pass back to back.

cpacmel

Milik leads the teams in assists with 4.3 per game.

That’s 4th best in all of the MVC.

Retire 12

cpacmel said:
Milik leads the teams in assists with 4.3 per game.

That’s 4th best in all of the MVC.

Don't let your silly facts get in the way of his unsound argument.

birdlife

MY has good court vision, but at times he gets greedy trying to make a flashy pass or trying to squeeze a dime into a tight window. i'm underwhelmed with his ball handling ability through the first 8 games. he is often fumbling the ball and or losing the dribble.

Bird Friend

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
ricohill said:
Retire 12 said:

very true. hes not a great passer either which means he shouldn't be running the offense. on two consecutive possessions twice this season, one time being last night in the first half, he threw the ball out of bounds on a pass back to back

Actually, he's a very good passer who tries to do too much at times, like making a spectacular pass when a simple one would be better. And at least one of those passes last nite was because Copeland was open for 3 but chose to cut for the basket just as 'Lik was releasing his pass.

Top Bottom