vs Long Beach St - 11/20/23 - 12:30 pm - FloHoops

DougSutton

Ah, FloHoops again. I remember signing up and watching in the past. Not a great experience before, hopefully they have upgraded their tech stack.

Phantom

Tough game ahead. LBSU is road-tested, having not played a home game yet. They beat DePaul at WinTrust, and played San Diego State and Portland close on the road. They are at Michigan tonight.

We'll need to keep the fouls down and protect the ball. I liked our sequences of attacking the rim against EIU, so hopefully more of that. Gotta get to the line to be a better FT shooting team. Liking what we've seen from Myles and Lieb so far inside. Force some turnovers and be less erratic with the 3 ball. One thing that could be key is transition. This will be LBSU's 4th game away from home in 9 days with some significant travel time...even though they're 18-22yo kids, maybe we can catch them with some tired-ish legs? We shall see.

Find a way to win.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of auto racing on FLO, wonder if the $30 gets you access to that?
It seems as though it does. A subscription to one "channel" gets you all of them. Also the yearly is billed all at once but is only $12.99/mo if you break out by 12.

When you sign up, you have the choice of picking “your sport.” The lineup includes baseball, basketball, bowling, cheer, combat, cycling, dance, football, football, gymnastics, hockey, lacrosse, racing, rodeo, rugby, soccer, softball, swimming, track, volleyball, wrestling, and more. Once you choose a sport, you can choose from the “Monthly” plan ($29.99/month) or the “Yearly” plan ($12.49/month). The annual plan lets you save $210 per year. Both annual and monthly subscribers have access to premium content across the entire FloSports network.

DougSutton

$30 dollars to watch for the tournament and then cancel. Seems steep but I'm paying it.
That's what I've done in the past. You just need to set a reminder to cancel after the tournament otherwise they'll keep charging you. I just checked and they do have their app on the AppleTV App Store, under FloSports. I just logged in and I see the "Missouri Valley Open" women's wrestling tournament on right now. I had no idea there was women's college wrestling.

Last edited:

Dmills

Kenpom Rankings for Gulf Coast Showcase:

90 - Long Beach State
152 - Hofstra
158 - Wright State
162 - Iona
179 - Louisiana
195 - Illinois State
272 - High Point
304 - Buffalo

Michigan Red

Good opportunity in Florida to see how the team fares against other relatively similar MM programs. 2 D1 games in, expected the L at St.Louis and the W at home against EIU, although by a bit wider margin. Would be refreshing to play well early in a year and get off to a good start. Need to win 2/3 games here, gain confidence and build some momentum. Been awhile since we weren’t looking up at the field 10-12 games into a season.

P

Popsto4

It’s surely possible if the Birds come out with tons of energy a better start. To me it’s always about the First 4 minutes of a game, the final 4 minutes of a half. Take that same formula into the 2nd half of games and see what happens

P

Popsto4

It’s surely possible if the Birds come out with tons of energy a better start. To me it’s always about the First 4 minutes of a game, the final 4 minutes of a half. Take that same formula into the 2nd half of games and see what happens
I’m just curious about seeing us start a game with this line up. Rebounding, assists and scoring should help with quicker starts down in Florida.
Tough game ahead. LBSU is road-tested, having not played a home game yet. They beat DePaul at WinTrust, and played San Diego State and Portland close on the road. They are at Michigan tonight.

We'll need to keep the fouls down and protect the ball. I liked our sequences of attacking the rim against EIU, so hopefully more of that. Gotta get to the line to be a better FT shooting team. Liking what we've seen from Myles and Lieb so far inside. Force some turnovers and be less erratic with the 3 ball. One thing that could be key is transition. This will be LBSU's 4th game away from home in 9 days with some significant travel time...even though they're 18-22yo kids, maybe we can catch them with some tired-ish legs? We shall see.

Find a way to win.
I’m just wondering about seeing this as a starting lineup. Lieb, Foster, Lewis, Banks and Mal. By the numbers scoring, rebounding and assists should help with quicker and better starts to games. I believe this would give the subs/bench even more fire power and one which JK can run. Just a thought.

Top Bottom