vs #19 Marquette - 12/10/23 - 2 pm - ESPN+

Dmills

This deserves its own thread. This is a HUGE game for the Redbirds. I don't even know if we have ever beaten a ranked non-conference team. Our last ranked win was against #17/21 Missouri State on 2/27/20. Before that, our last ranked win was against #20 Southwest Missouri State (aka Missouri State) on 1/9/92. The women's basketball program started in 1971.

This is going to be a great weekend for basketball in Normal, IL with the Horton game the night before. To anyone making the trip down for the Horton game, why not make it a weekend trip and stick around for Sunday? If the 'Birds can go 2-0, it will be an incredible weekend for ISU basketball. The game is a white out and should be a good crowd. Marketing is pushing for a good student turnout as well. There are also free white out t-shirts to the first 500 fans.

Dmills

This deserves its own thread. This is a HUGE game for the Redbirds. I don't even know if we have ever beaten a ranked non-conference team. Our last ranked win was against #17/21 Missouri State on 2/27/20. Before that, our last ranked win was against #20 Southwest Missouri State (aka Missouri State) on 1/9/92. The women's basketball program started in 1971.

This is going to be a great weekend for basketball in Normal, IL with the Horton game the night before. To anyone making the trip down for the Horton game, why not make it a weekend trip and stick around for Sunday? If the 'Birds can go 2-0, it will be an incredible weekend for ISU basketball. The game is a white out and should be a good crowd. Marketing is pushing for a good student turnout as well. There are also free white out t-shirts to the first 500 fans.
It looks like our last ranked non-conference win was on 12/9/89 against #24 Ohio State - just 11 days after knocking off #22 Western Kentucky. Both games were at home. Anyone here remember those games?

Cindy00

This is a huge game for our women. I trust this team to learn from the loss yesterday and use that knowledge to compete this weekend. What is amazing to me is that we really only have four players that played a significant amount of minutes for us last year. Our freshmen and newcomers are getting lots of playing time and we are still playing this well. This year and the next few are going to be fun so I would love to see more people jump on the bandwagon. It would be great to have the biggest crowd (not counting education day) in years. Free white shirt for the first 500 fans, otherwise remember to wear white for the white out. I promise a more enjoyable sporting event than the Bears game.

Hamdonger

It looks like our last ranked non-conference win was on 12/9/89 against #24 Ohio State - just 11 days after knocking off #22 Western Kentucky. Both games were at home. Anyone here remember those games?
You'd better believe it. I was a freshman and totally in kookoo for cocoa puffs love with our #11 point god, Shannon Fulton. Gaga.🤩🤩

Dmills

Redbird athletics could really use an upset today. Let's go Birds!

Loyl2u

Top 20 win would go along way toward building resume for March. Even after 20 minutes - let’s go Birds

Redbird82

A heck of a good effort, lead for much of the game. A little too many missed in the paint and turnovers. But still had a chance at a winning shot in the last couple seconds. These last 2 games will serve them well in trying to win the conference.

MadBird

Didn't see much until 4th Q, they looked good but couldn't quite put enough distance between themselves and MU. Couple bad decisions on 3's, couple bad breaks on bunnies that didn't drop. Looks like a good group Coach G has there. Deep.

Redbird222

I think turnivers were the difference today but the performance was very encouraging. I thought their defense today was about as good as its been the entire year. Offensively I thought we could compete for a MVC title but wasn't sure defensively until this game.

Hamdonger

It was a great game to attend and I don't think there's much disappointing in how we played...other than the final score. We had a shot to win it to the last second! Very impressed with our performance.

Phantom

Couple bad possessions in the last few minutes hurt, but still hung in and played well. Came down to a tie-or-win shot and we went for it...rimmed out. Tough loss, but played well. Need to bounce back against the 'Lou.

cubird

Marquette went on a 7 point run and took the lead around the 4 minute mark. On to St. Louis.

Top Bottom