VB to play Zero Non-Con Home Matches

Reggie Redbird

I don’t count an exhibition against DePaul as a non-con home match, so it was disappointing to see we have no non-con home matches. I’m guessing VB season tickets should be pretty cheap as it is just the conference slate.

chuckie1980

they are all non-con tournaments. Curious if this is just a new trend. Definitely saves on travel.

Redbird Arena is a great VB arena.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Reggie Redbird said:
I don’t count an exhibition against DePaul as a non-con home match, so it was disappointing to see we have no non-con home matches. I’m guessing VB season tickets should be pretty cheap as it is just the conference slate.
According to the article, they are still $50.

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2018/6/6/volleyball-illinois-state-unveils-loaded-2018-schedule.aspx

TIMMY

They dropped the Redbird Classic which didn't draw very well. That looks like the only real change.

Reggie Redbird

TIMMY said:
They dropped the Redbird Classic which didn't draw very well. That looks like the only real change.

I don't think they dropped it for good, just do it every other year. I'm guessing part of the reason is the huge decline in attendance we have had in VB. We were top 10 during the Morgan years and then a steady decline under Dingman which continues to show in the crowds. Two NCAA app and one MVC title (credit 2014 was a magical season) despite what we invest in the program and how good the MVC has been and is at VB has really hurt them.

TIMMY

Reggie Redbird said:
TIMMY said:

I don't think they dropped it for good, just do it every other year. I'm guessing part of the reason is the huge decline in attendance we have had in VB. We were top 10 during the Morgan years and then a steady decline under Dingman which continues to show in the crowds. Two NCAA app and one MVC title (credit 2014 was a magical season) despite what we invest in the program and how good the MVC has been and is at VB has really hurt them.
A few years ago the "VB Classic", Football and Cross Country were all home on the same weekend with very little overlap. Loved it. Basically 2 days spent on campus watching athletics. I wish they would do that more often and cross promote it. I left with a great feeling and ISU got a nice little check.

topiarydan

Knock on wood but pretty impressive so far at 5-1 (only loss to 37th ranked Georgia) per
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/volleyball-women/d1/avca-coaches

Upcoming match at WSU #23 and then brutal Marquette tourney with Wisky #2 and Marquette #24. UNI ranked #27 as well

JHBird

Marissa Stockman was a great find. Just a freshman, but already in the starting lineup and becoming a beast. Her hitting pct is like .450 - that will come down but still! Looks like she's on her way to becoming a heckuva player for us.

Top Bottom