UNI PANTHERS 2017-18 Regular Season Thread

ChiRedbirdfan

I watched the Wisconsin vs UNI practice game earlier this year and was surprised how weak UNI appeared. Tonight's UNI game vs North Carolina Tar Heels does not set up well will for UNI based upon what I saw in the Wisconsin game. I like ISU's chances vs UNC much better than UNI. I believe UNI takes a beating due to their weak/poor/overwhelmed guard play.

Tar Heels 81
UNI 53

WoodlandWarrior

I agree and am surprised that many pundits have them projected to contend in the Conference. We contained Bennet Koch last year fairly easily as I recall.

BirdsEyeView

WoodlandWarrior said:
I agree and am surprised that many pundits have them projected to contend in the Conference. We contained Bennet Koch last year fairly easily as I recall.

Koch avg 20 minutes a game. The Reggie Lynch of the Valley now for foul trouble.

ChiRedbirdfan

WoodlandWarrior said:

It is possible that UNI looked lifeless against Wisconsin in part due to the way Ethan Happ shut down Koch. Happ may be the best defensive player in college and playing against a guy like that is a big deal. If Kock is more available tonight than he was vs Wisconsin may in fact be a big deal for the entire UNI offense?

btw so many college games tonight

Top Bottom