UNCW

DoubleDeuce

Just read the three-man-weave preview of our first opponent and looked at their exhibition game stats/roster. Looks like a guard oriented team, they 4 or 5 rather lengthy guards at a time. The press on defense to create turnovers and transition opportunities. In the half court they focus on guarding the three leaving the inside open for easy opportunities (plus they don't have any tree toppers or girth on the roster). Offensively they mostly attack the rim trying to create free throw opportunities.

Sounds like a good chance for our bigs to gain some confidence. Perhaps Ndiaye will get more court time to help protect the rim on defense. We'll see what happens.

Redbird222

Just read the three-man-weave preview of our first opponent and looked at their exhibition game stats/roster. Looks like a guard oriented team, they 4 or 5 rather lengthy guards at a time. The press on defense to create turnovers and transition opportunities. In the half court they focus on guarding the three leaving the inside open for easy opportunities (plus they don't have any tree toppers or girth on the roster). Offensively they mostly attack the rim trying to create free throw opportunities.

Sounds like a good chance for our bigs to gain some confidence. Perhaps Ndiaye will get more court time to help protect the rim on defense. We'll see what happens.
I am gald to hear they press. We will see how Freeman and crew handle the pressure. We have not shown the ability to play fast but under control for quite some time.

Hopefully we can finish at the rim if they extend their defense to take away the three.

Birds 68
Seahawks 63

TIMMY

In a game that doesn't remind anyone of Phi Slama Jama we go on a run in the second half and kick their ass 69-68.

Adunk33

Staff member
I am gald to hear they press. We will see how Freeman and crew handle the pressure. We have not shown the ability to play fast but under control for quite some time.

Hopefully we can finish at the rim if they extend their defense to take away the three.

Birds 68
Seahawks 63
That’s one of the things I noticed about Freeman in the exhibition. When it got a frantic up and down pace, he had the ball and remained calm. Of course, against a D2 school and what not but I believe they had 8 D1 transfers. Plus, he has a couple years of experience at Tenn State playing against D1 teams.

No idea what to expect tonight, but I hope it's a good game. I know I'll be tuned into this one. Who cares about Duke-UK-MSU-KU?

I anticipate the starters being Freeman, Strong, Reeves, Lewis, Chatman. With Washington, Fleming, McChesney and Schmitt rounding out the top 9. Spot minutes for Abdou (if/when we go zone) or Sissoko (foul trouble for Lewis, McChesney, Chatman)

FYI, the freshmen are redshirting.

Baltimore Bird

I am always optimistic and I really look forward to watching the games.
ISU 65 UNCW 55
We cover with the under.

Phantom

No solid prediction since I have zero clue what to expect, but it should be a winnable game. Play hard for 40 mins. Don't be lazy on defense. Do those things at minimum.

Do we have an offense? Just wondering? Looks like they're lost out there for the most part. Defense is impressive though. Won't matter much if we can't make shots. Or even layups at this point.

Bird Friend

Down 9 - 3 at 14+. Can’t make a shot. Length of UNCW guards really bothering our guards.

Top Bottom