Tv?

Brick

Is game on TV anywhere? Took a quick look at ESPN3/+ and couldn’t find it

Phantom

isuquinndog said:
Not even JBC for the exhibitions. Only campus radio, WZND.

Really? Is that new? They were always on JBC in the past...

Phantom

isuquinndog said:
Phantom said:
isuquinndog said:
Not even JBC for the exhibitions. Only campus radio, WZND.

Really? Is that new? They were always on JBC in the past...
Yes. I don't know why.

https://twitter.com/Gregoradio/status/1057041193085874177

Interesting. Great experience for the ZND crew.

Adunk33

Staff member
rdt99 said:
Can I listen to WZND on my computer?

http://wznd.com/

YUP. Just hit play on the bottom of the screen.

Also, it is very likely a Learfield thing why JBC is not carrying the exhibitions, though I don't know exactly what specifically. Saturday makes sense as JBC would have to staff all of the games including ISU football, and I believe they plan coverage of two high school football games.

With the Learfield deal, ISU Football comes first, followed by men's basketball, then women's basketball.

tpskult

I know it is only an exhibition game but if feels like a small step back for the program to have no video steam available for this game.

ThisIsTheLineup

tpskult said:
I know it is only an exhibition game but if feels like a small step back for the program to have no video steam available for this game.

I don't know anyone who would pay a crew for an exhibition game.

MadBird

Adunk33 said:
rdt99 said:

Also, it is very likely a Learfield thing why JBC is not carrying the exhibitions, though I don't know exactly what specifically. Saturday makes sense as JBC would have to staff all of the games including ISU football, and I believe they plan coverage of two high school football games.

With the Learfield deal, ISU Football comes first, followed by men's basketball, then women's basketball.

FWIW, Wisconsin plays its exhibition game Friday vs. UW-Oshkosh and it is on the regular "Badger Radio Network", brought to you by Learfield. So I'm gonna guess more of a WJBC thing not Learfield.

tpskult

tpskult said:

I guess I was just surprised because the exhibition game has been available to watch online for the last several years.

Adunk33

Staff member
MadBird said:
Adunk33 said:
rdt99 said:

FWIW, Wisconsin plays its exhibition game Friday vs. UW-Oshkosh and it is on the regular "Badger Radio Network", brought to you by Learfield. So I'm gonna guess more of a WJBC thing not Learfield.

I didn't mean to suggest all Learfield deals do not have exhibitions. I think it varies by situation, which is why I cited the Saturday exhibition as an example of why it wouldn't be carried on JBC that day. For tonight's game, who knows the reasoning.

ricohill

tpskult said:
tpskult said:

I guess I was just surprised because the exhibition game has been available to watch online for the last several years.

Coaches can be a little crazy and I was thinking maybe we didn't want FGCU to be able to get any film before we play. Not that we will probably show much tonight, but I was thinking that might be a reason not to stream it.

bb fan

This is a tough bunch, as usual.

Not happy about a exhibition game not televised? Yikes.

johnaaa10

bb fan said:
This is a tough bunch, as usual.

Not happy about a exhibition game not televised? Yikes.

It really is crazy that fans would express their displeasure about not being able to see their favorite team’s first game.

Not sure talking down to people actively seeking out ISU coverage is the best way to go about it...

bb fan

I didn't think I was "talking down" anybody, johnaaa. Just expressing my opinion that grousing about an exhibition game not televised is a bit out there.

Last week we released what I think is a terrific TV schedule. I think it compares well to any non P5 slate. Even some P5's. But hey, shame on me for saying not have an exhibition game not tv is being tough. Really, if you want examples of folks "talking down" other folks, it won't be too difficult to find there in some of the threads here. But hey, sorry about my decorum here in this highly respectful place :)

Top Bottom