Turkey Bowl is back

gobirds85

Gentlemen, once again, we are throwing common sense out the window as we ready for Turkey Bowl 2017 on Friday, November 24th. This is flag football without a kickoff. One of the worst injuries we had a few years ago was on the kickoff. Last year's game produced 0.00 injuries and all who attended drove home in one piece. We provide doughnuts, coffee, liquor, beer, Advil, sammitches, my wife's Championship chili, regular chili, and tons of other food items, and more beer. We plan on rolling out a signature drink, like we do at Cindygate, but that drink has yet to be determined.

Schedule
9:30-10:00am Practice, time to loosen up the joints.
10:00am-12:00pm Game time.
12:00ish-we head inside to eat and watch more football.
Stay for as long as you want or until I need to take a nap.

All I ask is that you bring clean clothes to change into after the game so you do not trash the family room. Who's in? Please PM me and I will provide address and details.

gobirds85

And I forgot to mention that the age range of players last year was 20-54, so if you have a pulse and a pair of gym shoes you can play. Humdinger, you in?

Hamdonger

gobirds85 said:
And I forgot to mention that the age range of players last year was 20-54, so if you have a pulse and a pair of gym shoes you can play. Humdinger, you in?

Will Mark Adams cover the game? Let me get with my agent and we'll discuss.

I'm a non-commit at this point but I'll tell ya, if that part of the day is open for me...what the heck, why not?

gobirds85

Humdinger said:
gobirds85 said:

I'm a non-commit at this point but I'll tell ya, if that part of the day is open for me...what the heck, why not?

Always looking for more guys. Let me know and I can provide address. Also, if anyone is bored that day and just wants to do something other than shopping you can come up and hang out. You do not have to play. My wife is an incredible cook...her championship chili and chocolate chip cookies are worth the drive all on their own. And I make a great chip and dip plate. If anyone tells me they cannot make it because they are shopping...you are dead to me. Just saying.

fourthandshort

gobirds85 said:
Humdinger said:
gobirds85 said:

Always looking for more guys. Let me know and I can provide address. Also, if anyone is bored that day and just wants to do something other than shopping you can come up and hang out. You do not have to play. My wife is an incredible cook...her championship chili and chocolate chip cookies are worth the drive all on their own. And I make a great chip and dip plate. If anyone tells me they cannot make it because they are shopping...you are dead to me. Just saying.
crazzymark invited me to spend the day shopping at BloNo malls .. was hard to turn down. :D :?

gobirds85

fourthandshort said:
gobirds85 said:
Humdinger said:

crazzymark invited me to spend the day shopping at BloNo malls .. was hard to turn down. :D :?

Niedermeyer...dead man, wormer...dead man, forthandshort...

Chi-bird

The chili is outstanding. As is the crowd.

I should be able to make it again this year. Great time.

gobirds85

Chi-bird said:
The chili is outstanding. As is the crowd.

I should be able to make it again this year. Great time.

Alright. buddy. The more, the merrier. C'mon guys get off your backside and let's get ready to RUMBLE!!

gobirds85

For immediate release:
ADunk, the 6' 10" sophomore hailing from parts unknown, is signed for the 2017 Turkey Bowl game. Don't let his speed fool you...really, I mean it, don't let his speed fool you. Welcome aboard, ADunk!! Glad to finally have you play.

Adunk33

Staff member
gobirds85 said:
For immediate release:
ADunk, the 6' 10" sophomore hailing from parts unknown, is signed for the 2017 Turkey Bowl game. Don't let his speed fool you...really, I mean it, don't let his speed fool you. Welcome aboard, ADunk!! Glad to finally have you play.

My contract is still in negotiation. Nothing has been signed. I am a 6'10 sophomore, deceptively quick, and a game manager.

gobirds85

Adunk33 said:
gobirds85 said:
For immediate release:

My contract is still in negotiation. Nothing has been signed. I am a 6'10 sophomore, deceptively quick, and a game manager.

Oh no, you are playing. And don't give me any of that "I'm going shopping with my lady friend" crap. Stores will be open well after Friday and there is always Amazon.

redbirddad10

I can attest it's great event. Be sure to try the Chili. Sorry to say, Im already committed but hope everyone enjoys themselves and no one gets hurt. Go Birds!

gobirds85

redbirddad10 said:
I can attest it's great event. Be sure to try the Chili. Sorry to say, Im already committed but hope everyone enjoys themselves and no one gets hurt. Go Birds!

After your crew showed up a few years ago my wife had to double the amount of Championship chili. I expect to see more red on the field this year.

fourthandshort

gobirds85 said:
fourthandshort said:
gobirds85 said:

Niedermeyer...dead man, wormer...dead man, forthandshort...

Well from what I heard about last year ... a "Turkey Bowl" was held from which we have received more than two dozen reports of individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here.

So attend at your own peril.

dpdoughbird06

Adunk33 said:
gobirds85 said:
For immediate release:

Adunk and Red Panda remain a package deal. Bring extra bowls.

gobirds85

If we have to book Red Panda to secure the services of Adunk, then so be it.

Gentlemen, we are under two weeks until kickoff. Greatness awaits!! Whose in?

gobirds85

I know some of you guys might be looking forward, and quite rightfully so, to the ndsu game on Saturday but after that epic battle the football game of the ages takes place, TURKEY BOWL. Not the Flint Bowl and not the other Turkey Bowl, which was NIU's first bowl appearance ever. Blood, sweat and beers will be spilled on the field of honor and glory, and most of all...regret. Whose in?

Shopping? Family in from out of town? Lame azz excuses. This is the one time a year you will be able to make a complete fool of yourself, along with others who share the same dream and goal. TURKEY BOWL 2017. Why? The better question is...why not?

Top Bottom