This alone tells you all you need to know on DM and why he will be gone

topiarydan

2017-18 18-15.
2018-19 17-16
2019-20 10-21
2020-21 5-14 (with 5 Valley games and one MVC in all reality we could be looking at 5-20
Have we ever had two 20 loss season in ISU history?
So with this EPIC COLLAPSE there is NO F'ING WAY the AD gives him another year. I believe the MVC Loyola Tourney money will help cover DMs salary payment next year
I have confidence the new AD will find a way to make that up and have a budget for a solid up and coming coach - not much worse that what DM has done
DM as nice as he is has had his mulligan (last year). This team is worse

Seven

Either the donors have the money or the donors don’t have the money. No overthinking required - it’s as simple as that.

NCAA distributions go towards keeping the athletic department afloat. They’ll have lots of budget holes to plug because of covid.

Bird Friend

It amazes me how some still believe we don’t need to make a change. Honestly, I don’t get it.
I'm not sure of anyone who is saying we absolutely 'don't' need to make a change. I see several pointing out that it will take someone coming up with a lot of $$ to buy Dan out. And those are generally thinking it's not likely to happen. I don't understand why some think that means these folks are arguing to keep Dan.

B

BirdGrad2011

I'm not sure of anyone who is saying we absolutely 'don't' need to make a change. I see several pointing out that it will take someone coming up with a lot of $$ to buy Dan out. And those are generally thinking it's not likely to happen. I don't understand why some think that means these folks are arguing to keep Dan.
Look around on twitter. There are too many “Golly gee just happy to watch the team. Dan will figure it out. No need to move on.”

Money might not be there to make a move. Apathy leads to this dragging out. A vocal fan base lets the new AD know this is unacceptable and he can be ready to jump the second funds make sense.

ISU86

Look around on twitter. There are too many “Golly gee just happy to watch the team. Dan will figure it out. No need to move on.”

Money might not be there to make a move. Apathy leads to this dragging out. A vocal fan base lets the new AD know this is unacceptable and he can be ready to jump the second funds make sense.
Thankfully 2011 and the others are going to push the Muller removal train out of the station for the new AD. Was seriously worried the new hire may not be aware.

Seriously, I think Dan will be with us because the lack of revenue flowing back in due to COVID-19 restrictions. Fiscally I doubt it is feasible. Does not mean there cannot be changes, especially to the assistant coaching staff. The AD could move in that direction.

Redbird Alum 2004

To those that want Muller gone I have a couple questions. What would he have to do to keep his job from your standpoint? If Muller had made the tourney in 2017 and won a game would you be giving him more slack?

B

BirdGrad2011

To those that want Muller gone I have a couple questions. What would he have to do to keep his job from your standpoint? If Muller had made the tourney in 2017 and won a game would you be giving him more slack?
A 5 win season should never be acceptable. 10th in the MVC should never happen. I expected to seriously fight for avoiding Thursday and not be a doormat. There is no way back barring a minimum of easy NIT make next year if he’s retained.

Bird Friend

Show me the receipts and I’ll believe you.

ricohill

Had they made the NCAA Tournament, I would give him next year. Since they didn’t and he blew the only chance to play Illinois at home. He should have been gone after last year.

CaliRdBrd

Nothing. That ship has sailed.

Top Bottom