The Final Wave

MadBird

Reports are that referee John Higgins, known across Central Illinois as "Surfer Guy", is hanging up the whistle for an administrative position. I always liked the guy as a ref, as much as you can "like" a ref. I thought he was usually fair and not all that picky as far as calling everything or touchy as far as getting fussed up about some bench complaining..

Redbird222

Reports are that referee John Higgins, known across Central Illinois as "Surfer Guy", is hanging up the whistle for an administrative position. I always liked the guy as a ref, as much as you can "like" a ref. I thought he was usually fair and not all that picky as far as calling everything or touchy as far as getting fussed up about some bench complaining..

I think he was a lot more consistent and better than many of the other MVC officials

DannyCooksey

I never understood the criticism. He missed some calls like anyone does but I thought he was good. I never saw him being lazy or not hustling to get in position to make a call.

Seven

I never understood the criticism. He missed some calls like anyone does but I thought he was good. I never saw him being lazy or not hustling to get in position to make a call.
People get jealous over good-looking people.

Hamdonger

You mean the more one does a job the better they become? They aren't perfect? Shut the front door!
I'm sorry Quinn you've forgotten your place in line. Me and we only demand perfection at this place. Although, with loads of patience. And dammit, hurry up!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
My point is officiating is not a perfect science. Also a commentary on our society to think it's ok to berate officials at youth sporting events where most official get their start.

Top Bottom