Thanks, Quinn

Manchester Matt

As I’m sitting reading several threads, just felt like throwing Quinn a thanks.

It’s a frustrating time to be a fan, and this board is a fantastic sounding board for everyone, differing opinion or not.

I’ve gotten a little more frustrated than I like at times this year and I apologize for that, if I’ve offended some. I’m sure it’s not all that much fun to monitor the boards in the current state.

So, thanks.

Let’s get a win tonight, so we have something more positive to discuss.

ThisIsTheLineup

:text-+1: :text-+1:
Quinn is doing a good job of letting the arguments fly but keeping everyone in check. I think none of us can thank you enough for keeping this board going, keeping people in line and letting people voice their praise/frustrations.

ThisIsTheLineup said:
Quinn is doing a good job of letting the arguments fly but keeping everyone in check. I think none of us can thank you enough for keeping this board going, keeping people in line and letting people voice their praise/frustrations.

:text-+1:

Birdfriend72

redneckredbird said:
ThisIsTheLineup said:

I would have to second that. We may have differ opinions/philosophy, but we are all birds fans.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. I just want the personal attacks kept down. There is no need for name calling, sarcastic ways to say "you are stupid" or any of that.

Besides that, if you don't agree with what someone said, go for it. Just keep it about ISU and whatever sport or part of the admin you are talking about.

SgtHulka

Santa Cason said:

It’s a frustrating time to be a fan, and this board is a fantastic sounding board for everyone, differing opinion or not.

I’ve gotten a little more frustrated than I like at times this year and I apologize for that, if I’ve offended some. I’m sure it’s not all that much fun to monitor the boards in the current state.

So, thanks.

:eek:bscene-moneypiss: Quinn

:dance:

Not any easy job

BTbird

Santa Cason said:

A win to have something more positive to discuss? What message board have you been reading? :)

bb fan

Excellent post, Santa. I totally agree. Quinn does a wonderful job with this board. And it is one of the better fan boards around. It was a little more than 20 years ago when I started several sports message boards for a regional publisher. That was when all of this social media stuff began. And it is often a thankless job, managing and moderating forums. I did it for 13 years, and they became some of the very busiest websites in central Illinois, but a lot of long days and nights and headaches.

And it happens as a forum ebbs and flows. You get a few dominant, heavy post count posters who seemingly have to force a view on everyone else that sometimes seems manufactured for a certain angle. And I apologize for letting that get to me a bit here. And I am going to knock it off and ignore those voices. The last thing I want to be is one of those posters that is a hassle for Quinn. Because I have been in that place many times and it is not fun.

College athletics can be a messy business, dealing with 18 to 22ish mostly not yet mature young men and women. Crap happens. You have to take the bad with the good if you are going to follow college teams. I accept that, and appreciate opinions, good and bad. I have expressed many over the spectrum. But for a poster to always rip for the sake of ripping seams counterproductive and the possible presence of another agenda. At least that what I have found over the years. But so it goes. I apologize if I am wrong and again, I will try to knock it off.

Again, thank you very much Quinnie. You do a fabulous job. I promise to be better.

Manchester Matt

BTbird said:
Santa Cason said:

A win to have something more positive to discuss? What message board have you been reading? :)

Lol. As soon as I typed that I kinda chuckled knowing what the board has been like, win or lose.

Tpguy

I think it’s about time to let the cat out of the bag, I’m QUINN and thank you all for the very nice things you say about me.

I am starting a Go Fund Me Page to make this a national sports message board. My goal is $ 3,435,000 some of which I will pass on to the 5 star players coach Muller is recruiting. (Please keep this under your hat)

If any of you are interested my seven sons all love Xbox sports games and my wife is a size 8. My youngest son who recently hurt his ankle has always wanted our whole family to go to Disney World.

My only daughter will not be going on the trip as I heard her talking about playing sports someday so she is grounded.

CB2K

Santa Cason said:

So, thanks.

ISU FAN 1

Quinn, thanks for providing this forum, and for all you do ... except for my account suspensions.

chuckie1980

Thanks, TPGuy. I was wondering if quinn and you were one and the same. Now with your confession out of the way...maybe the BIRDS will start playing with positive intensity.

Redbird78

Santa Cason said:

So, thanks.

Nice move, Santa.

Great job, Quinnie!

DWRedbird

ThisIsTheLineup said:

:text-+1: really appreciate this board to have a place to talk about college basketball. Thanks Quinn!!

Redbird78

Tpguy said:
I think it’s about time to let the cat out of the bag, I’m QUINN and thank you all for the very nice things you say about me.

I am starting a Go Fund Me Page to make this a national sports message board. My goal is $ 3,435,000 some of which I will pass on to the 5 star players coach Muller is recruiting. (Please keep this under your hat)

If any of you are interested my seven sons all love Xbox sports games and my wife is a size 8. My youngest son who recently hurt his ankle has always wanted our whole family to go to Disney World.

My only daughter will not be going on the trip as I heard her talking about playing sports someday so she is grounded.

I suspect there might be a check in the mail on Tuesday.

Hamdonger

YesSirSirThankYouQuinnSir!! Really...THANK YOU.

And TPguy...your wife isn't a size 8. Last time she and I met for dinner at your place she was at least a 16. Also, you're low on crackers. Get by the store, please. Could use some, ummm, tp, too.

Tpguy

Humdinger said:

And TPguy...your wife isn't a size 8. Last time she and I met for dinner at your place she was at least a 16. Also, you're low on crackers. Get by the store, please. Could use some, ummm, tp, too.

That wasn’t my wife it was my mother

Hamdonger

Tpguy said:
Humdinger said:

That wasn’t my wife it was my mother

:clap: :clap:

Top Bottom