Take Flight '24 - early signing

StLRedbird

Thought this was interesting...

Beckham Pellant | QB | 6-0 | 195 | Chandler, Arizona (Hamilton HS)
Hamilton HS:
Played final three seasons at Hamilton for head coach Mike Zdebski … in 14 career varsity games, threw for 3,416 yards while rushing for 427 yards … totaled 38 passing touchdowns, while throwing just four interceptions, and rushed for five career touchdowns … as a senior, earned second-team all-region honors and recorded five single-season school records … helped team to back-to-back appearances in the open division playoffs … as a junior, earned first-team all-region honors at quarterback … also played baseball during prep career.

Personal: Son of Gary and Maren Pellant … oldest of three siblings … his grandfather, Bob Hawkins, played football at Illinois State … his cousin, Griffin Stalfort, played center at Air Force … also a first-team academic all-state selection and National Honor Society member.

CJ Richard Jr. | DB | 6-1 | 180 | Chandler, Arizona (J. Frank Dobie HS)
J. Frank Dobie HS:
Played final three seasons for head coach Demond Stafford … earned first-team all-district honors as a senior … finished career with 11 total interceptions … also earned all-district honors as a junior and sophomore … two time team captain … also a standout on the track, as an all-area qualifier.

Personal: Son of Charles Richard Sr. and Cheneika Brooks.

Total Red

Staff member
Thought this was interesting...

Beckham Pellant | QB | 6-0 | 195 | Chandler, Arizona (Hamilton HS)
Hamilton HS:
Played final three seasons at Hamilton for head coach Mike Zdebski … in 14 career varsity games, threw for 3,416 yards while rushing for 427 yards … totaled 38 passing touchdowns, while throwing just four interceptions, and rushed for five career touchdowns … as a senior, earned second-team all-region honors and recorded five single-season school records … helped team to back-to-back appearances in the open division playoffs … as a junior, earned first-team all-region honors at quarterback … also played baseball during prep career.

Personal: Son of Gary and Maren Pellant … oldest of three siblings … his grandfather, Bob Hawkins, played football at Illinois State … his cousin, Griffin Stalfort, played center at Air Force … also a first-team academic all-state selection and National Honor Society member.

CJ Richard Jr. | DB | 6-1 | 180 | Chandler, Arizona (J. Frank Dobie HS)
J. Frank Dobie HS:
Played final three seasons for head coach Demond Stafford … earned first-

team all-district honors as a senior … finished career with 11 total interceptions … also earned all-district honors as a junior and sophomore … two time team captain … also a standout on the track, as an all-area qualifier.

Personal: Son of Charles Richard Sr. and Cheneika Brooks.
Interesting about Pellant's grandfather. CJ Richard's location may be a mistake. J Frank Dobie HS is in Houston TX, not Chandler, AZ

MadBird

Here's an interesting take on the recruiting class, from recruiting guru Mr. EdgyTim, also with comments from Coach Spack, in Prairie State Pigskin. Pretty positive overall. In our ongoing/neverending QB discussion on the board, Spack says the HS QB from Arizona was his first choice HS QB, and the KState transfer their first choice from the portal. That's gotta be a good sign.

fourthandshort

Here's an interesting take on the recruiting class, from recruiting guru Mr. EdgyTim, also with comments from Coach Spack, in Prairie State Pigskin. Pretty positive overall. In our ongoing/neverending QB discussion on the board, Spack says the HS QB from Arizona was his first choice HS QB, and the KState transfer their first choice from the portal. That's gotta be a good sign.

good to hear feedback side by side from Spack and Edgy Tim ... Edgy Tim is straight shooter from what I recall of him.

Thought we snagged a juco or 2 ?

fourthandshort

I'm guessing Rubley and Loyd got some scout team time together which is nice. Another Niekamp playing LB can only be good. It's time to sign his Daddy to a 4-year deal.
Edgy Tim likes him a lot, as if he should see field as true FR.

Is there other brother coming up ?? If so, make that an 8 year contract for the dad !!!

Dmills

Is this typical for ISU football recruiting--to get other members of the university community involved? I have a friend who leads a campus ministry. The coaches contacted him and set up a meeting with a recruit who was interested in the ministry. I feel like the staff might be making a more intentional and targeted effort in recruiting but could be wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples over the years and I just happen to be noticing it now. Recruiting is always going to be competitive and we need any edge we can get.

Manchester Matt

I didn’t see this posted anywhere, so I apologize if it is. Here’s Edgy’s breakdown on our In state recruiting effort.

Top Bottom