Summer

WoodlandWarrior

Does our program have an expectation that our players attend summer school and work out on their own or in groups? Or do players return to their respective homes? I’ve always wondered what HCDM’s position was.

Adunk33

Staff member
They typically stay for the summer with some exceptions. Like McIntosh and Keane played for the Canadian national team, Lofton played in some Pro-Ams. I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now.

JHBird

Most of the players help at the ISU summer basketball camp, so it seems like they are around. I think the camps are closer to the end of summer, so maybe that's when they would normally return anyway. I wonder if they decide to stay is it on their own dime? Or do they get to stay in the residence halls, etc. I remember talking to Davonte Harris (football) at some softball games after the spring term ended. Seemed like he was staying to work out and take a few classes. Seems like a good idea to take a few summer classes so you don't have to take as many during the season. Hopefully ISU pays for the summer work.

Bird Friend

Not to mention they have summer workouts, plus their lifting/strength training expectations.

Top Bottom