Summer Workouts

Adunk33

Staff member
Started up yesterday!

Everyone who is supposed to be here is here. Taylor is without a boot, which is exciting. Not sure he is full participation yet, but did partake in at least some workouts yesterday.

Belcher seems to be working with the PG's. He spent a ton of time with Copeland, Torres, Horne, and Donnelly. Sissoko spent a decent amount of time with the bigs (Taylor, Rey, Abdou, and Jaycee at times). Fisher continues to work on his range. Not 3 pt shots, but more 15-footers

Chastain and Abdou look to have put on some more muscle. Horne looks pretty built as a freshman. Reeves was money.

Also- Dedric Boyd changed from jersey No. 30 to No.1. I hoping No.1 gets retired eventually for Plee, but not holding my breath.

https://twitter.com/Redbird_MBB/status/1141172022007013376

Buffett

I am glad I don't see any like clavicle and sternum devices this year, (Tornado fool)

Redbird Alum 2004

I wonder if Fisher can knock down the 15 footer at a high enough clip, if that means Rey man's the 5 spot and Kieth the 4.

Adunk33

Staff member
https://www.facebook.com/RedbirdMBB/videos/374647519843243/

DaveBird10

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
I wonder if Fisher can knock down the 15 footer at a high enough clip, if that means Rey man's the 5 spot and Kieth the 4.
I've been wondering that myself. If Taylor can stay healthy have a nice rotation of 3 or 4 bigs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Redbirds84

Taylor is only doing form shooting and rehab at the moment. I’m hearing he hasn’t missed a beat with the shooting part either. So far team chemistry is a lot better

WoodlandWarrior

I do believe the team will be more disciplined, more focused, and will be much better defensively.

DannyCooksey

Redbirds84 said:
Taylor is only doing form shooting and rehab at the moment. I’m hearing he hasn’t missed a beat with the shooting part either. So far team chemistry is a lot better

I still have very high hopes for TB. I hope the injuries are behind him. I still think he can be a really good player.

Redbird Alum 2004

I know we are all worried about where the points will come from but I think we see a different Copeland this season playing off the ball. Boyd will provide some firepower as well and Reeves should be able to come off the bench and space the floor. I think replacing Phil will be the toughest but Rey or Keith will be an upgrade defensively. Also not having Milik's turnovers and pouting will be a plus. I think we will see a hard-nosed style defense and team that values the ball offensively. We are due to have a guy come in a light it up from range after the shooting funks of Evans and Tinsley last season. Torres is my pick after struggling last season.

ChiRedbirdfan

DannyCooksey said:
Redbirds84 said:

I still have very high hopes for TB. I hope the injuries are behind him. I still think he can be a really good player.

agree with your comments about TB...he seemed to move well and space the floor well. if he is a good/aggressive student too he could graduate in 3 and transfer with 2 two play. Sets up well for him if he wants to get an expensive graduate degree from a highly rated university (aka Northwestern) without paying for it. It will be interesting to see how this plays out but in the age of transfers it is hard to not see him ending up wearing a different uniform.

Adunk33

Staff member
Keith Fisher also changed numbers and will be wearing El Pres' No.5.

Be on the look out for a new player on the team too.

SgtHulka

Adunk33 said:
Keith Fisher also changed numbers and will be wearing El Pres' No.5.

Be on the look out for a new player on the team too.

giphy.gif