Strange optics

Birdswin

I was just over at Redbird/CEFCU Arena to talk about my WSF donation. As I was walking up to the Arena - the Doug Collins and Will Robinson statue was surrounded with PURPLE and GOLD flowers - which looked more appropriate on the campus of either WIU or UNI. I also thought with graduation coming up - very strange optics with thousands of people coming to the Arena.

SlackBooDom

I was just over at Redbird/CEFCU Arena to talk about my WSF donation. As I was walking up to the Arena - the Doug Collins and Will Robinson statue was surrounded with PURPLE and GOLD flowers - which looked more appropriate on the campus of either WIU or UNI. I also thought with graduation coming up - very strange optics with thousands of people coming to the Arena.
Would this have anything to do with a popular African-American fraternity? If so, I don’t see any issue at all and it feels like that may be what you’re getting at. The arena is used by plenty of groups and if they are decorating how they see fit, what is the issue?

Bird Friend

Would this have anything to do with a popular African-American fraternity? If so, I don’t see any issue at all and it feels like that may be what you’re getting at. The arena is used by plenty of groups and if they are decorating how they see fit, what is the issue?
I mean . . . if they were orange and blue . . . then we’ve got a problem.

Birdswin

I have no idea about any frats, sororities or other groups or events you are referring to. ISU is RED & WHITE - for any other color of flowers around that statue look very strange to me. That is outside of Redbird/CEFCU Arena and close to Horton Fieldhouse and Hancock Stadium - it should be Red & White period. Like I said, when I pulled up to go in to discuss my donation - it struck me very odd - felt like I was in either Macomb or Cedar Falls. In addition, graduation is always right before Mother's Day - a lot of parents, family members, and guests go to Redbird/CEFCU Arena to celebrate the graduation - thus, why would anything other than Red & White be used?

B

BirdGrad2011

season 13 GIF

Top Bottom