Stoopid basketball teams...

gobirds85

and you can't bring ISU into this discussion. Last night while watching the end of Auburn and Mizzou...Auburn has the ball and a one point lead with just about 10 secs to go in regulation. Mizzou apparently doesn't realize this and doesn't foul them. Auburn drives, gets a bad shot off but the clock expires with both teams fighting over the rebound. Wouldn't SOP be to foul Auburn, stop the clock and send them to the line? Then, even if Auburn hits both shots Mizzou is only down 3 and they get the ball back with several seconds to go. What am I missing here?

DoubleDeuce

I watched that. There were about 6 seconds difference between the shot clock and game clock, probably hoping to get a clean rebound and get off a game winner.

Redbird Alum 2004

Yeah I have no idea what they were doing. It seems like betting on a rebound is worse than fouling and seeing a shot to tie with a three.

jbird

Vintage stupidvasketball......

Years ago, a few years after the NCAA introduced the 35 seconds (back then) shot clock, I heard Molinaro asked in a postgame interview whether he had considered taking advantage of a two-for-one possession opportunity in the final minute of the game. Molinari's response seemed as though the interviewer's question was the first time that the two-for-one scenario had entered his mind.

Top Bottom