State of IL KenPom Rankings

jamminjamarsmiley

Now that we're halfway through the season, thought this would be interesting to look at. My main observation is that obviously ISU's rankings are just laughable. How did we get this bad?? Also - ISU is behind EIU.... That should be enough for the Admins to make a coaching change. EIU is pretty much bleeding financially from everything I hear. They are in a low major conference with low major facilities. It's pretty sad to think Dan has taken us to these depths of misery.

Also - I want to point out that SIU-E handled POWERHOUSE Belmont with ease the other night at Belmont. :lol:

Based on KENPOM ranks:

1 - Illinois (44)
2 - DePaul (68)
3 - Loyola (106)
4 - Northwestern (109)
5 - Bradley ( 113)
6 - Northern Illinois (174)
7- SIU (195)
8 - EIU (205)
9 - ISU (212)
10 - UIC (250)
11 - WIU (323)
12 - SIU-E (337)
13 - Chicago St. (352)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this data

jamminjamarsmiley

Bird Friend said:
I thought RPI didn't matter anymore?

If you re-read the post, those are KENPOM rankings. Widely considered the most trusted advanced analytic ratings on college bball. You can visit at kenpom.com if you are interested.

I assume NET ratings are probably somewhat similar if you're more into the NCAA's garbage rankings.

Bird Friend

jamminjamarsmiley said:
Bird Friend said:

If you re-read the post, those are KENPOM rankings. Widely considered the most trusted advanced analytic ratings on college bball. You can visit at kenpom.com if you are interested.

I assume NET ratings are probably somewhat similar if you're more into the NCAA's garbage rankings.

So these are what determines if a team makes the tourney? Clickbait.

jamminjamarsmiley

Bird Friend said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:
Bird Friend said:

So these are what determines if a team makes the tourney? Clickbait.

I’m not sure at what point I stated anything in my post about making the ncaa tournament. We know that’s not happening for isu, not worth talking about .

The title of the thread clearly states that I was showing a ranking of teams in Illinois. Feel free to pull the net ratings and update the list for me.

Sorry dude, starting to feel like you’re very disgruntled with all the clickbait posts!

Top Bottom