Splits

Buffett

I think while looking at the schedule (conf) that we will have a large number of splits with home and away games, W's at home L's away, like in the area of 8 splits this season( based upon how we have been playing). anyone elso have a take on this.

WoodlandWarrior

If we do that will be disappointing to say the least. With our personnel playing disciplined, and with Bruninga and Chastain back, I think we can pull road wins at Evansville, Drake, Valparaiso, Northern Iowa, Missouri State, and Bradley. Hoping for at least a 13-5 conference record.

ISU FAN 1

WoodlandWarrior said:
If we do that will be disappointing to say the least. With our personnel playing disciplined, and with Bruninga and Chastain back, I think we can pull road wins at Evansville, Drake, Valparaiso, Northern Iowa, Missouri State, and Bradley. Hoping for at least a 13-5 conference record.

You’ve got ISU winning all the coin flip games and then some, based on the projected pointspreads I’m seeing.

WoodlandWarrior

I never look at Point spreads because I’m a cheap bettor. If we go 10-8 again or 9-9 in conference that will be embarrassing in addition to disappointing. I sure hope not.

ChiRedbirdfan

Agree double wins over Uni, Mo State, Evansville and Drake. Beyond that splits are the call except Loyola as they get the double win. Valpo is a team not to overlook and has the potential to steal a few road wins. ISU will be in the 10 to 12 win range is best guess. Loyola wins the MVC with 13 to 14 wins.

Timing of Chastain injury hurts as he seemed to be finding his role and finally looked comfortable while playing. Fearing this injury sets ISU back as this team has no depth and he is needed.

redbirds2000

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Agree double wins over Uni, Mo State, Evansville and Drake. Beyond that splits are the call except Loyola as they get the double win. Valpo is a team not to overlook and has the potential to steal a few road wins. ISU will be in the 10 to 12 win range is best guess. Loyola wins the MVC with 13 to 14 wins.

Timing of Chastain injury hurts as he seemed to be finding his role and finally looked comfortable while playing. Fearing this injury sets ISU back as this team has no depth and he is needed.

Valpo just lost to HPU at home. HPU? Exactly! The Valley is not good this year.

bb fan

Last season, I lost count of the number of posters and people told me that "the Valley is just not good this year".

DoubleDeuce

A team's performance in November is certainly not an accurate indicator of how good they will be in March. Unfortunately for mid-major programs results in November having major impact on their postseason resume. It's their only chance four games that will change perception.

Jsnhbe1Birds

you know what would help? spreading conference games out through out the whole season so non-con could be spread out throughout the season. Then you would get non-con chances vs good teams in February. It will never happen but it would help. also probably keep teams from going 17-1 in conference since theyre not great in November.

TIMMY

redbirds2000 said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:

Valpo just lost to HPU at home. HPU? Exactly! The Valley is not good this year.
Hope it's not the High Point of Valpo's season.

Top Bottom