Southern Illinois - 02/05/2022 - 7:00 PM - Marquee/ESPN+

ISU86

a battle of the immovable object and the unstoppable force - two teams that treat points on opposite ends of the spectrum - ISU on the high-end, SIU on the low-end (both in allowing and scoring)

only because we are at home

Reggie 69, Brown/Grey 66

Birdswin

I certainly hope this is a Redbird win. It should be, with good shot selection and taking care of the ball - as long as we do not forget it is a basketball game and not a track meet in trying to play to fast, resulting in turnovers and fast shots.

What I really do not want to hear for the 55th time in a post-game interview - "We just were not prepared for the intensity of the game and were too slow to react. However, we played a good second half (after being down 15-20 at halftime) and we hope to build on that in the future."

ISU86

Illinois State Pk
Over / Under 133.5

91Bird

Considering our road woes, this is a big game to try and get the 6 seed for the tournament. I think they’ll get the win tonight.

B

BirdGrad2011

Considering our road woes, this is a big game to try and get the 6 seed for the tournament. I think they’ll get the win tonight.
Is it? Per Hackman going 4-4 down the stretch leads to an 85% chance of playing Thursday. 5-3 drops that to 35%. No shot there are 5 wins left.

Adunk33

Staff member
Though I feel The Valley is pretty wide open and I don’t think the 1 seed will will the tournament, the Birds are a Thursday night team. There are “Winnable” games on the road left on the schedule but the woes will continue, we’ve seen this movie before. For whatever reason, even pre-Muller, it seems the squad struggled on the road. Jank had that cupcake schedule where he started some like 14 or 15-0. First loss? @Bradley. To compete in the league you gotta be around .500 on the road and maybe 1 slip up at home. Unfortunately, losing at Evansville pretty much sealed the deal when you look at the conference top to bottom. IMO, Birds and UE are the two teams solidified Thursday nighters, leaving SIU, Indy State, Valpo fighting for #6. I’ve got the Birds finishing 6-12. Apart of that, I do have them winning this game. I hope I’m wrong about the record and they get hot.

Redbird222

Though I feel The Valley is pretty wide open and I don’t think the 1 seed will will the tournament, the Birds are a Thursday night team. There are “Winnable” games on the road left on the schedule but the woes will continue, we’ve seen this movie before. For whatever reason, even pre-Muller, it seems the squad struggled on the road. Jank had that cupcake schedule where he started some like 14 or 15-0. First loss? @Bradley. To compete in the league you gotta be around .500 on the road and maybe 1 slip up at home. Unfortunately, losing at Evansville pretty much sealed the deal when you look at the conference top to bottom. IMO, Birds and UE are the two teams solidified Thursday nighters, leaving SIU, Indy State, Valpo fighting for #6. I’ve got the Birds finishing 6-12. Apart of that, I do have them winning this game. I hope I’m wrong about the record and they get hot.
FWIW, Valpo lost their starting point guard for the season.

jbird

The 133.5 over/under is high for an SIU game. Neither team may get to 60.

DoubleDeuce

I think we are legitimately in the battle to avoid Thursday night. Not the battle I want to be in... but string a couple wins together and we'll be in decent shape.

Redbird Alum 2004

Thankfully we end the year with more home hand than road games. Need to learn to play without Sy. Not having that post presence really hurts Tone and Jo. I really wish Sissoko had a low post game. He has the body type that could be effect down there.

Top Bottom