Softball

Dmills

So uhhh softball starts tomorrow with a doubleheader. They have Bethune Cookman and USF up tomorrow starting at 12:30. It looks like only the USF game at 3:00 will be on ESPN+. Redbirds were picked 4th in the Valley.

Dmills

Lost to Bethune Cookman 3-2 in 9 innings. USF game will start shortly on ESPN+

Redbird60451

2 difficult games to stomach. A loss in extra's in the second game too. First two games of the season, Pitching and Defense look good, so I think things will work themself out. Both 9 inning games.

Dmills

2 more losses today to Oregon State (0-1) and #18 Florida (1-12). Another disappointing start to the season. Redbirds have dropped to 0-5 what looks to be a tough tournament starting on Friday.

Redbird60451

The challenge is they are not hitting. Pitching and Defense seems to be there for the most part. It is one of the draw backs to being up north. You can pitch in the cage, you can take ground balls. But hitting in the cage is not the same. Hitting off machines is not the same. Hitting live pitching in a bubble is not the same. It's difficult and then the pitchers feel they have to be perfect, which leads to mistakes. Just hope they don't over work and keep the pitching fresh so that they are stronger once the hitting catches up.

Dmills

Littlewood Classic this weekend. Looks like the only game available on ESPN+ is against Grand Canyon on Saturday at 7:30 pm. Friday's game against Arizona State is supposed to be streamed here, but it looks like there is a scheduling conflict with their baseball game.

Dmills

Softball has dropped to 0-9. They are averaging 0.88 runs per game while the baseball pitching staff is allowing 15 runs per game.

Redbird60451

Not sure now 0-10. The offense is anemic, 8 runs in 10 games. The pitching and defense has been decent in most of the matchups. They aren't allowing 15 runs per game, it's 5.2 per game. They've had 2 games go 9 innings, but also been slaughtered twice. Score some runs and then the pressure isn't on the pitcher to be perfect, but that's easy for me to say here, 60+ from 45 feet with movement is difficult to see.

Dmills

Not sure now 0-10. The offense is anemic, 8 runs in 10 games. The pitching and defense has been decent in most of the matchups. They aren't allowing 15 runs per game, it's 5.2 per game. They've had 2 games go 9 innings, but also been slaughtered twice. Score some runs and then the pressure isn't on the pitcher to be perfect, but that's easy for me to say here, 60+ from 45 feet with movement is difficult to see.
If you're responding to me, I think you misread what I said. I was contrasting the glaring issue with the softball team (8 runs in 10 games) with the glaring issue on the baseball team (45 runs allowed in 3 games). The pitching for ISU softball is doing enough to give them the chance to compete. Most of the runs given up are against pretty solid teams.

Redbird60451

If you're responding to me, I think you misread what I said. I was contrasting the glaring issue with the softball team (8 runs in 10 games) with the glaring issue on the baseball team (45 runs allowed in 3 games). The pitching for ISU softball is doing enough to give them the chance to compete. Most of the runs given up are against pretty solid teams.
Your right, I thought you were referring to the softball pitching. But yeah, take 2 bad games out, and that is probably because they were trying to be perfect with every pitch because they don't score.

Redbird60451

Split today. Wish some of this was on TV. gets kind of boring watching on low rent game changer

Redbird60451

ugh. First game of the day they could not do anything. 10 Strike Outs. Error and 2 unearned runs. Pitcher throws a no hitter, yet they still lose. Bounced back in the second game to take out the host. 2 more tomorrow and the back to school.

Dmills

Redbirds will carry a 6-18 record into MVC series opener on Friday in Springfield. Home opener is next Tuesday against Illinois.

Dmills

Lost 2 of 3 to a bad MSU team. Illini on Tuesday

Redbird60451

Good Series win over the Racers. Of course, the game we lost, 3 errors, lead to 2 unearned runs, lost by 1. The other two games, clean = wins. Few streamable games this week. Watching on bootleg game changer stinks.

Redbird60451

Finally a day game on the + on Friday. They unfortunately let the snowball happen. One error leads to another, then all of a sudden a 7 run inning. They came back in evened the day in the 2nd game. But then again, an error and unearned run, and a series loss.

I do wonder, where can you buy the actual jerseys they are wearing. My daughter said the ones on Friday looked really cool, white with gray sleaves. The red ones are pretty cool too. Shame you can't just go to the bookstore or online and buy them.

MadBird

Finally a day game on the + on Friday. They unfortunately let the snowball happen. One error leads to another, then all of a sudden a 7 run inning. They came back in evened the day in the 2nd game. But then again, an error and unearned run, and a series loss.

I do wonder, where can you buy the actual jerseys they are wearing. My daughter said the ones on Friday looked really cool, white with gray sleaves. The red ones are pretty cool too. Shame you can't just go to the bookstore or online and buy them.
See if this helps any, not sure if it has the jerseys you're looking for. The "NIL" page for softball. You can also get to other sports on this site.

Top Bottom