So I'm at this morgue we call Redbird Arena...

Birdman85

The tribute to Smithson and the boys was embarrassing and terrible! Lyons are a joke

DBird

Retire 12 said:
Can hear a pin drop in here. This is ridiculous!
Ridiculous that this team can’t give a reason for it to be loud against a weak team!!

Bird Friend

Birdman85 said:
The tribute to Smithson and the boys was embarrassing and terrible! Lyons are a joke

Can you elaborate? What was embarrassing about it?

Retire 12

Not talking aboiut the game action, it's the constant parading going on. Good Lord.

Game action is quiet as well.

DoubleDeuce

6 wish I could have been there today to help out with the atmosphere, but in Wisconsin for a funeral. Watch the game on TV, pretty awesome!

Brick

Yarbrough did his Dad proud
In front of his Dad’s old teammates! Dream game for him! Couldn’t be happier for that kid. He’s come a long way!

Retire 12

Brick said:
In front of his Dad’s old teammates! Dream game for him! Couldn’t be happier for that kid. He’s come a long way!

Absolutely agree with this. Our boys did their part. It's the administration that needs to step up their game.

Chicagobirdfan

Retire 12 said:
Brick said:

Absolutely agree with this. Our boys did their part. It's the administration that needs to step up their game.
Yep, MY played awesome. Under control and Unstoppable. The 3 point percentage in the second half was 90% him making plays.

SgtHulka

Brick said:

Slightly uninspired first half. Maybe his mom gave a halftime pep talk. He was a beast in the second half.

Bird Friend

FWIW, the reception for the Smithson teams before the game was nice. Radar Gene still looks fantastic. Jeff Wilkins basically laid it out that ISU is doing a terrible job of recognizing some of its greatest players (male and female). Have to agree. Not in Percy Redbird Hall:

Billy Lewis (1962 pts in his career, 2nd all-time at ISU)
Ron Jones (1839 pts [4th], 597 assists [2nd], 222 steals [2nd])
Derrick Mayes (1390 pts [14th], 506 assists [3rd])
Bubbles Hawkins (even though his jersey is hanging from our rafters??!!)
Rickie Jackson (1169 pts) but Rickie Johnson is in (1068 pts)

Guys like Holifield, Coleman, Vandegard, Watkins . . . plus others deserve a nod. In a couple years add Osiris, Dinma, and then Jackie. (I would add Lamb and Cornley, but their names are a bit tainted with post-career extracurriculars that aren't helpful.)

We don't need to retire numbers, but hang their names up. Acknowledge their place in Redbird history. Here's a link to everyone in the Percy Hall http://www.goredbirds.com/hof.aspx?path=general

Who would you add that's not already there but should be?

Bird Friend

Oh, by the way, Wilkins made the comment about 3:00 PM . . . wasn't on the floor at halftime with his teammates . . . hmmmmmm . . .

ricohill

Bird Friend said:
FWIW, the reception for the Smithson teams before the game was nice. Radar Gene still looks fantastic. Jeff Wilkins basically laid it out that ISU is doing a terrible job of recognizing some of its greatest players (male and female). Have to agree. Not in Percy Redbird Hall:

It only took ISU 40 years to honor some of the greatest basketball teams in school history. Why would anyone expect them to honor some of the greatest athletes in school history?

Birdswin

I am in 100 Percent agreement - our administration does a less than Satisfactory job with honoring our past great players.

They need to take notes from how the Cardinals do things - in many ways.

crazzymark

is there some way to move the students to court side and all the sitting dead off camera??? Looked terrible when ISU was making a comeback and no one was cheering,,one guy in an ISU shirt looked mad at the Redbirds taking controlled, he never clapped or reacted at all other than arms crossed and pissed face on.

HT59

crazzymark said:
is there some way to move the students to court side and all the sitting dead off camera??? Looked terrible when ISU was making a comeback and no one was cheering,,one guy in an ISU shirt looked mad at the Redbirds taking controlled, he never clapped or reacted at all other than arms crossed and pissed face on.

:doh:

DoubleDeuce

crazzymark said:
Looked terrible when ISU was making a comeback and no one was cheering,,one guy in an ISU shirt looked mad at the Redbirds taking controlled, he never clapped or reacted at all other than arms crossed and pissed face on.

I saw the guy on TV. To be honest, the gentleman switched from right arm on top to left in a display of approval. Personally i thought it made him look like a wuss... hate those public displays of affection.

Bird Friend

DoubleDeuce said:
crazzymark said:
Looked terrible when ISU was making a comeback and no one was cheering,,one guy in an ISU shirt looked mad at the Redbirds taking controlled, he never clapped or reacted at all other than arms crossed and pissed face on.

I saw the guy on TV. To be honest, the gentleman switched from right arm on top to left in a display of approval. Personally i thought it made him look like a wuss... hate those public displays of affection.
:clap:

Tpguy

Birdswin said:
I am in 100 Percent agreement - our administration does a less than Satisfactory job with honoring our past great players.

They need to take notes from how the Cardinals do things - in many ways.

LOSE ?

crazzymark

DoubleDeuce said:
crazzymark said:

thought he had passed gas.....

Top Bottom