Signing Date 12/19

Total Red

Staff member
It's now less than two weeks until the first signing date (December 19) for football. We have an impressive group verbally committed. I'm excited about Tennessee running back Xavier Myers and hopeful that our tailback tradition will continue. It will also be interesting to see who plans on arriving for the 2nd semester and spring practice. Those players will have the best chance to contribute right away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Initial Signing Date------------Final Signing Date
(Early Signing)
Division I and II Football (Midyear JC Transfer)----December 19, 2018----------January 15, 2019

Division I and II Football (Regular Period)----------------February 6, 2019-----------Division I: April 1, 2019

fourthandshort

Only place I think we need immediate help is at WR, but I wouldn't mind a nice surprise or 2 to shore up our OL and DE (edge rusher type) positions. Oh, and placekicker ... that was pretty bad even as transition years go. Our last 2 guys started out pretty mediocre and turned out good (Ausieker followed by Slattery). So might just need time, but this was bad year for both our placekickers.

MadBird

I think I read that Jeremiah Jordan from Madison was planning on graduating in December and enrolling for second semester. There's one.

TIMMY

MadBird said:
I think I read that Jeremiah Jordan from Madison was planning on graduating in December and enrolling for second semester. There's one.
Watched his HUDL .Man the kid can hit. Boogers were flyin. He played the Sam in their 4-3 but I could see him coming off the edge for sure.

Total Red

Staff member
TIMMY said:
Watched his HUDL .Man the kid can hit. Boogers were flyin. He played the Sam in their 4-3 but I could see him coming off the edge for sure.

Per your suggestion I watched his HUDL. I can't say I saw any boogers flyin'. At one point I thought I saw some saliva, runny snot or other non-specified bodily fluid in the air after a particularly good hit but I would need to put it up on a large high def screen instead of my laptop to properly identify. Perhaps I can make time over the holidays to do that.

Regardless a key attribute you look for with any defensive player is the desire to hit. This kid passes the eye test on that one.

JHBird

Yeah, check out the second play. He does have more of an edge rusher build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLNMon5koIs

fourthandshort

so I hope someone refilled the ink cartridges on the fax machine before they left Kauffman tonight.

Tomorrow morning will be interesting, we did well a year ago with early signing date, and lost very few of them by Feb or Jun. Spack knows how to get serious commits only.

I also recall they do NOT make a big deal with videos or bios for this signing date, nor any reception. Real high level bios only for anyone that signs .. all the big fuss is made after the final February signing date when it is final.

MadBird

Hoping our Wisconsin trio signs on the dotted line and doesn't get pulled in as PWO's at Badger State. Seems like all will help. Our paper said Jordan from Madison was going to be a January enrollee, not sure about the other two.

Birdswin

Reinhardt reporting two transfers - Trey Creamer DB Iowa and Blake Fehrmann DE New Mexico St.

cpacmel

Fehrmann is from Brookfield WI.

Looks like Fehrmann originally chose New Mexico over buffalo, Ball State , North Dakota and ISU

TIMMY

cpacmel said:

Looks like Fehrmann originally chose New Mexico over buffalo, Ball State , North Dakota and ISU

Played DE in a 3-4 in high school. New Mexico State had him at LB so I think he'll play edge/joker LB for ISU. Will have 4 years eligibility.

TIMMY

Trey Creamer is a corner who will have 3 years at ISU. He got into some trouble and Ferentz doghouse at Iowa. But looking at his huld he can catch it and run with it. 6'0" 190. Interesting.

TreRoberson4Heisman

TIMMY said:
Trey Creamer is a corner who will have 3 years at ISU. He got into some trouble and Ferentz doghouse at Iowa. But looking at his huld he can catch it and run with it. 6'0" 190. Interesting.

A LOT of P5 offers out of HS.

https://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Creamer-89557/high-school-171712/

MadBird

TIMMY said:
cpacmel said:

Played DE in a 3-4 in high school. New Mexico State had him at LB so I think he'll play edge/joker LB for ISU. Will have 4 years eligibility.

He was listed at 6'6, 245 lbs. out of HS, on the first team all-state as a DL. His HS was runner-up in state finals in Division 2, second largest.

StLRedbird

MadBird said:
TIMMY said:
cpacmel said:

He was listed at 6'6, 245 lbs. out of HS, on the first team all-state as a DL. His HS was runner-up in state finals in Division 2, second largest.
Spack specifically mentioned Fehrmann as a guy that could provide some pass rush help to McKnight. This and kicker are our #1 needs IMO but I'll confess to ignorance about what help may be coming from the redshirt ranks.

MadBird

The twitter is reporting one of the Wisconsin kids signed, Jack Kelly from Stevens Point, listed as a FB.

from his local paper earlier in the fall:
His versatility as a football player is part of what attracted the interest of the Illinois State coaching staff.

The early plan, according to Kelly, is to use him in a tight end/fullback hybrid role, although there is a possibility he could play outside linebacker at the next level.

Kelly started receiving attention from college recruiters after his sophomore season at SPASH.

Says he's 6'1, 230 lbs.

topiarydan

OK so here is what was last posted as Commit List to reality - so got most
Dallas Culpepper 6'2 270 DT Beech Grove HS, IN (SIGNED)
Jalen Carr 5'9 163 Ath Orlando Christian Prep HS, FL (SIGNED)
Jeremiah Jordan 6'2 190 LB Madison Memorial HS, WI (SIGNED)
Lawrence Shadd III 6'0 185 WR McEachern HS, Powder Springs, GA (?????)
Xavier Myers 5'9 190 RB Oakland HS, Murfreesboro, TN (???????)
Jack Kelly 6'1 235 H Area HS, Stevens Point, WI (SIGNED)
Jack Baltz 6'5 185 QB Lincoln-Way East HS, Frankfort, IL (SIGNED)
Cade Campos 6'1 205 LB Lemont HS, IL (SIGNED)
Kacper Rutkiewicz 5'8 150 WR Hersey HS, Arlington Heights, IL (SIGNED)
Dante Heaggans 6'0 175 WR-QB James Madison HS, San Antonio, TX (?????)
Matthew Wedig 6'4 210 DE-LB Memorial HS, Beloit, WI (SIGNED)
Chris Bement 6'5 240 TE Dwight Gardner-So. Wilmington HS, IL (SIGNED)
Jack Takerian 6'2 190 K-P Franklin HS, WI (??????)
Britton Morris 5'11 185 QB North Boone HS, Poplar Grove, IL Preferred Walk On

Transfers AND JCs
Jeff Proctor 5'8 185 RB/Slot Jr. Munster HS, IN San Bernardino Valley JC, CA (SIGNED)
Luke McCall 6'4 245 TE Jr. E. Hendersonville HS, NC Ellsworth JC, IA (SIGNED)
Blake Fehrmann 6'5 225 DE Fr. Brookfield Central HS, WI Univ of New Mexico
Trey Creamer 6'0 190 DB So. Cartersville HS, GA Univ of Iowa
Aaron Mends 6'0 228 LB Sr. Winnetonka HS, Kansas City, MO Univ of Iowa

MadBird

I always worry any Wisconsin kids will get swept up in the aggressive UW preferred walk-on program, glad to see they all signed.

Seems like a pretty good group for the Birds.

topiarydan

So Haggaens was a recent decommit and stayed local at
https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/colleges/article/Morris-adding-talent-at-UIW-including-Madison-s-13477436.php

Top Bottom