Serious question...

Redbirdfan21

I’d guess 11 is the highest possible seed we could get. 11-13 would be my guess unless a Thursday night team wins Arch Madness, then it could be worse.

Manchester Matt

gobirds85 said:
What seed does the valley champ get in March?

My guess is 11.

I'll say 13.

There are some really awful conferences that will fill the 15 and 16 lines, but I don't see any way the Valley champ gets higher than 13 at this point.

gobirds85

Santa Cason said:
gobirds85 said:
What seed does the valley champ get in March?

My guess is 11.

I'll say 13.

There are some really awful conferences that will fill the 15 and 16 lines, but I don't see any way the Valley champ gets higher than 13 at this point.

My 11 seed was being generous, but a 12 seed would not surprise me. But on the bright side, a 12 seed usually pulls off an upset so we have that going for us.

gobirds85

Just for discussion...the valley rep gets the 13 seed and Wichita State slips back into the 4 seed. What is the spread of this game? 25...30...

Jsnhbe1Birds

probably. but ISUr has a legit chance to beat them. Have beat them 3 times in 3 years and know them very well. for some reason isur plays them well. most of the time......

Adunk33

Staff member
12 or 13 depending on where the conference ends up RPI wise. If the MVC ends up in the top 8 (as it has spent all season) I would be surprised to see a 13+ seed. Lunardi's latest bracket has Drake as the MVC Champ as a 15 seed playing against.....the Shockers of Wichita County.

gobirds85

Adunk33 said:
12 or 13 depending on where the conference ends up RPI wise. If the MVC ends up in the top 8 (as it has spent all season) I would be surprised to see a 13+ seed. Lunardi's latest bracket has Drake as the MVC Champ as a 15 seed playing against.....the Shockers of Wichita County.

F lunardi, that little azz clown. There is NO WAY in HELL the valley team gets a 15 seed. The 15 and 16 are reserved for SWAC, MEAC, etc tourney winners. What a d*ck!

IHateWSU

My prediction is that the MVC winner will play Wichita St in the first round. They will make the seeds work whatever way they can. This way, there is not P5 school at risk of losing in first round to either Wichita or MVC champ, and a guarantee that only 1 mid Major advances instead of 2. The selection committee seems to try and match up good Mid Majors against each other to risk less losses by the P5 schools. Hence, more money continues to roll to the P5s since they usually play the teams from the poor conferences and are all but guaranteed to move on past 1st round.

gobirds85

IHateWSU said:
My prediction is that the MVC winner will play Wichita St in the first round. They will make the seeds work whatever way they can. This way, there is not P5 school at risk of losing in first round to either Wichita or MVC champ, and a guarantee that only 1 mid Major advances instead of 2. The selection committee seems to try and match up good Mid Majors against each other to risk less losses by the P5 schools. Hence, more money continues to roll to the P5s since they usually play the teams from the poor conferences and are all but guaranteed to move on past 1st round.

1,000,000 agree. Post of the season.