Season Tickets?

REALBird

Anyone know when they will be mailed or am I in the minority that is still waiting?

ricohill

Yikes, wonder what happened? Saving money?

https://twitter.com/Ilstate/status/1162412582935904258

ChiRedbirdfan

ricohill said:

Rico I am not always in your corner but often I fall there. But gotta say in this day and age do you really care about having tickets in a book? ISU should be going to E tickets ASAP to save money and make it more convenient esp if one wants to pass the tickets onto others. Tickets in a book are like a buggy whip

ricohill

ChiRedbirdfan said:
ricohill said:

Rico I am not always in your corner but often I fall there. But gotta say in this day and age do you really care about having tickets in a book? ISU should be going to E tickets ASAP to save money and make it more convenient esp if one wants to pass the tickets onto others. Tickets in a book are like a buggy whip

I agree, ISU needs to catch up and send these out in E form. ISU is the only sporting event I get paper tickets (before my boycott this year and not buying ISU tickets this year).

However, if you are going to be in the stone age and send them in the mail they should at least be nice for season ticket holders that want them. It's not that much of a cost (especially since football season ticket sales are way down).

I saw the other day the Jacksonville Jaguars (I believe) actually put a fake ticket stub in all their programs now for people (since almost everyone gets e-tickets) that get e-tickets to have a souvenir ticket for every game.

MadBird

I am just fine with "tickets in a book", also kind of looked forward to the design, which players or coaches were on each one, etc. Have quite a souvenir stash of tickets from most every game (or auto race) of any kind I've gone to for the last 30-40-50 years. Also plays, concerts, etc,.

To attract further derision from some of you, if they did go to electronic tickets, I will admit that I will have to get a new phone because I'm sure my flip-phone will not be able to do whatever it will need to do to get the electronic tickets.

So I'm for anything that will keep people from planting their faces in their phone screens.

Now, as far as ripping on ISU for being "behind the times", I got my annual e-mail from the ticket office at DIII St. John's University in Minnesota, and instead of "season tickets in a book" this year, they are giving us a "badge", which will be scanned at every game. I have no idea what it looks like, how it will work, etc., but will keep you all posted if this discussion is still going. But at least one DIII school is into some kind of electronic ticketing.

MadBird

Here's a picture of the "badge" - it's a lanyard, has seat info printed on it and it is scanned when you go to the game.

68661074_10219533109494823_7597530356140474368_n.jpg

BirdFan10

MadBird said:
I am just fine with "tickets in a book", also kind of looked forward to the design, which players or coaches were on each one, etc. Have quite a souvenir stash of tickets from most every game (or auto race) of any kind I've gone to for the last 30-40-50 years. Also plays, concerts, etc,.

To attract further derision from some of you, if they did go to electronic tickets, I will admit that I will have to get a new phone because I'm sure my flip-phone will not be able to do whatever it will need to do to get the electronic tickets.

So I'm for anything that will keep people from planting their faces in their phone screens.

Now, as far as ripping on ISU for being "behind the times", I got my annual e-mail from the ticket office at DIII St. John's University in Minnesota, and instead of "season tickets in a book" this year, they are giving us a "badge", which will be scanned at every game. I have no idea what it looks like, how it will work, etc., but will keep you all posted if this discussion is still going. But at least one DIII school is into some kind of electronic ticketing.

Usually e tickets have the option to print from home as well.

normalbird

We got our tickets in book form today, as well as reserved parking tickets for an optimistic 9 home games, plus some advertising inserts.

Birdswin

I received my in rubber banded bundles - I really liked the booklet. I have NO use for electronic tickets. There would have to be a LOT of instructions and a person to call for assistance. Then we would have the "ticket scanners" at the gate. I can just imagine how that would work:

Me.: I have an electronic ticket for me and my season ticket group - who several are straggling behind.
Scanner Person: There must be some mistake, I cannot find your electronic ticket on my listing.
Me: Great - now what?
Scanner Person: You will have to go to the ticket office.
Me: Sounds a mess - so much easier to have my own ticket in hand.

Chi-bird

I highly prefer the pdf tickets that you can email to someone if you end up not going to a game. The stubs are a nice memento, but they could give something else in place of them, STH pin, team calendar, etc

Top Bottom